MrNature72 is writing an actual book!

Reaction score
    Hello everyone.

I'd like everyone to know I'm writing a book called Porcelain Gods. I've spent about 9 years refining and perfecting my writing style. This is my first public announcement of creating this book. As of right now, the first book in the series, The Shadow, is completed at around 200 pages on full paper, small print. It will probably be between 190-250 on normal-leaf paper once it's published. I went through about 6-7 drafts, writing easily over 2,000 pages of paper in those drafts alone. I'm currently working on Book #2: The Children. I thought I'd give everyone here a small demo on the book. Like what you would read on the back, while you're sifting through the library.

"Welcome a time where humanity is just recovering from the most devestating conflict ever witnessed, where immortal demonic beings are hunted down like animals, where great and mighty mutated creatures roam the land, and where the barriers between life, death, limbo and reality itself have weakened and begin to break.

This is not a piece of fiction, but a window into the journey of a great and powerful being. A member of the Demons, a psychologically stricken creature who's mind is constantly of the brink of shattering, and who is cursed with nigh infinite power, siphoned from the Void and Death itself. His name is Matthew.

A journey where he must bring his people back from the ashes. A journey where he must unite an array of legendary beings reincarnated from the past. A journey where he must fight against humanity's dark nature, greusome and eldritch monstrosities, and omnipotent beings. And a journey where he must face his greatest enemy: Himself.

What caused humanity and the Lazuri to be all btu whiped off the face of this earth? Why are the Lazuri now known as Demons? What powers does this man have? And what are these powers he fights against?

Most of the answers lie within. But some secrets are better to remain buried."

I just thought I'd give you guys a sample of the book! Naturally, I'm not going to be posting actual chapters onto the forums (with stealing and all), but I'd like to keep you guys updated on the production process! :)

Reaction score
    Well done, I\'ve only got 70000 words into mine. I edited a few books for some professional writers that started self-publishing when the Kindle hit the market. Then I thought why not have a go. Self-publishing is awesome but yo\'ll never get rich writing sci-fi now all the Kindle versions are free in the sci-fi section. I\'m still going to carry on. I reckon it\'ll be around 120000 words. I\'m going to have it professionally edited through bubblecow. Before realeasing it I\'ll use a proof reader out in India which is pretty cheap.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Not that this forum is your blog but pretty nice nonetheless, congrats.

FlyingDebris

Vaygr loves my warhead bat.
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Councillor Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    ?Keep the title, remove the body. Nonconformity ftw.?

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Aye, grats on a big project finished and more comin\'!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I think you have more refining to do. 12th word.

Beside that, good luck and enjoy the journey.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    MrNature I like it how you contribute the most unique things to this community. How long has it been since somebody has WRITTEN A BOOK that we can read? :)

Reaction score
    I\'m also writing a book. It\'s in the early stages and I\'m yet to write a word that isn\'t part of a vast array of notes, but still. Book. Science-fiction too.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with. Presumably it\'ll be published online rather than as a hard copy?

Reaction score
    40000 words is pretty good going. The issue I have getting beyond is 70000 is remembering what had gone beofre. You have to start using structural tools to be consistent. Plus with sci-fi there is a lot of background writing to do. What engines do the ships use? How do they cope with different gravity? Just writing a novel without paying any attention to structure and consistency just leads to pages of nonsense.

Reaction score
    Any plans on releasing at smashword in digi format or at amazon in kindle?

The book sounds interesting. Most likely i\'ll buy it, if it comes out at a reasonable price.