Moving Items From One Ship To Another Thing?

Reaction score
    Sorry if this is in the wrong place. Didn't see this asked anywhere.
    I tried messing around with storage but couldn't figure this out or know if its even possible. I know you can make an item sorting system but is is possible to take items from a docked ship and move it to lets say an inventory on the station its docked to?

My vision is a mining ship that has items put into a cargo ship thats docked to it. Then when i dock the cargo ship to the station the items get automatically taken off of that ship and stored into the stations storage room.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Not at this time, but it is planned. Most likely with the Cargo update, but maybe the magnetic rails update.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Its not possible to do it automatically in game, but we have confirmation that it will be possible in the future.

Until then you can set a storage box to pull from your cargo area near your dock, and multiple drop off boxes by the stations docks to speed up the process.

(For an "easy" fix dropping a build block on the outside of a ship can let you access storage blocks with little travel)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I was toying around with making a tiny shipyard to de-rez cargo flyers, extract the minerals from the shipyard storage and then reconstructing the flyer. Seems long winded but the shipyard is the only thing that can shift things across entities.

Reactions: kiraen