Moving delay

Reaction score
    when the game loads the movement is perfect but after while when all terrain loads(after several seconds) game slowdowns. Mouse and key presses have 2 sec delay.

I'm using Ubuntu 64bit it upgraded to max. (i don't know what version it is exactly)
    Hp ProBook 4520s i5 processor 4gb ram graphic card radeon hd 6xxx series 1gb

the Ubuntu installed true windows with wobi its like dual boot.. i was play starmade on windows 8.1 and it was great.

the reason can be with video drivers because before i unable play at all. the fps drops to 7 +/- now after installing drivers from ATI website the fps increased to 40-60.

Reaction score
    This post assumes single player mode (ignore if you're playing MP).

Please do all of the following:
    • Open a terminal and run:
      Code:
      java -version
      Copy the output (the shortcut will not be Ctrl+C, but Ctrl+Shift+C) and paste it here.
    • Take a look into the logs directory. Open one of the files that start with "log.txt.". If you see a lot of "Bad File Descriptor" exceptions, report back.
    • Run the server using the included StarMade-dedicated-server-linux.sh script. You're running a script by opening a terminal and doing the following (you probably can drag&drop the path to StarMade from your file manager).
      Code:
      cd /path/to/StarMade
      chmod +x StarMade-dedicated-server-linux.sh
      ./StarMade-dedicated-server-linux.sh
      Start the game via the launcher, but do not select Single Player, but Multi Player and connect to localhost. If you can't seem to notice a performance boost, say so.

Reaction score
    This post assumes single player mode (ignore if you're playing MP).

Please do all of the following:
    • Open a terminal and run:
      Code:
      java -version
      Copy the output (the shortcut will not be Ctrl+C, but Ctrl+Shift+C) and paste it here.
    • Take a look into the logs directory. Open one of the files that start with "log.txt.". If you see a lot of "Bad File Descriptor" exceptions, report back.
    • Run the server using the included StarMade-dedicated-server-linux.sh script. You're running a script by opening a terminal and doing the following (you probably can drag&drop the path to StarMade from your file manager).
      Code:
      cd /path/to/StarMade
      chmod +x StarMade-dedicated-server-linux.sh
      ./StarMade-dedicated-server-linux.sh
      Start the game via the launcher, but do not select Single Player, but Multi Player and connect to localhost. If you can't seem to notice a performance boost, say so.
    yes I'm playing on the server...

java version "1.7.0_51"
    OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.4.4) (7u51-2.4.4-0ubuntu0.13.10.1)
    OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.45-b08, mixed mode)

adding log files:

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Do you have shadows enabled?
    Also, since this is not clear from your post: Does movement get better or does it stay that way? If it gets better, I would consider that not really unnatural.

Reaction score
    Do you have shadows enabled?
    Also, since this is not clear from your post: Does movement get better or does it stay that way? If it gets better, I would consider that not really unnatural.
    after terrain loads i constantly getting bigger delay and when its about 2 seconds it was stable.. its not look like my PC to weak. i was tried play with different configurations.. now i turned all what i can off.

Reaction score
    i noticed that there is something with physical memory. when I'm looking down all goes great but if i look at some structures ... thing happens.

Reaction score
    Have you tried increasing it? You can do that in the launcher.

Reaction score
    yes I'm playing on the server...

java version "1.7.0_51"
    OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.4.4) (7u51-2.4.4-0ubuntu0.13.10.1)
    OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.45-b08, mixed mode)

adding log files:
    I would suggest replacing OpenJDK with Oracle Java 7. That usually works a lot better with games.