moving asteroids, oxygen factories

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think it would be cool if the asteroids started out as they do now, fixed in space, but you could attach engines to them and move them to processing facilities, or hollow them out and create basic ships, or moveable bases. I'm not sure how much lag a few thousand moving blocks would make, but a lot of the ships out there are far larger than the asteroids, so I don't foresee any problems, except for players with less than optimal computers.

For the future, when the aforementioned "you die when you're outside your ship for too long" function is added, I think there should be a requirement for ships to have oxygen tanks, and have decompression become a real hazard for ships who have holes blown in their compartments.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
    I don\'t support. The game is based around space, and I\'d rather worry about keeping my ship in once peace than whether I have enough oxygen.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I feel that oxygen maintenance could be interesting. It makes sure people stay in their ships more and only leave in emergencies, as per what would really occur in a spaceship, whilst not being too absurdly difficult. Let\'s say your oxygen slowly drains over an hour or so: you\'re in a spacesuit so it might have it\'s own reserves. Once you get within range of an oxygen supplier, you replenish your air reserves.

air tanks would then be a useful but not crippling target to fire upon on enemy ships, meaning that, so long as they cannot repair them in time, you can fly away and return later to scavenge the dead ship

as for taking existing structures and converting them into ships, the only issue I see is that it does make things a bit too easy: I prefer the idea of having to mine it out and carefully attach it in a functioning way to your core.

Reaction score
    Placing thrusters on asteroids sounds awesome. Maybe not as a way to make a quick ship but imagine placing thrusters on an asteroid, then flying it right into a space station.... ahh, I can dream right?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I actually tried to do this, and was terribly disappointed that I couldn\'t just attach engines to an asteroid and fly it around like an Ork Rok.

And oxygen facilities would be cool too ^^