Implemented Move the server messages away from the advanced build corner

Reaction score
    Please move the server messages away from the advanced build corner. I'm sure this is something a lot of people have thought about but haven't remembered to post on here. It's really annoying because I don't need to know that the server is autosaving while it keeps me from being able to see what block I'm rotating or what orientation it is in.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    A better way to handle this would be for server messages to pop up in the chat area. Most games deal with events and server messages in this way. Now, having the shutdown message appear at the top of the screen with a countdown is great the way it is.

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Speaking of popups, why is every server and singleplayer world I play on eternally on "high load"?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Speaking of popups, why is every server and singleplayer world I play on eternally on "high load"?
    For MP, possibly your internet connection not keeping up, for single player, probably your processor/RAM. Try allocating more memory to the game.

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    For MP, possibly your internet connection not keeping up, for single player, probably your processor/RAM. Try allocating more memory to the game.
    Ill try that, although the game still gets like 400 fps (which is the most I have seen in any game)

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    I have 6GB of ram dedicated for starmade,can reach 1200 fps in certain situations. and still have "high load" msgs pop up,crazy yeah :p
    also,cru is that mod outdated? I instaled it yesterday,but they still pop up at the same place

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    also,cru is that mod outdated? I instaled it yesterday,but they still pop up at the same place
    most likely a resolution issue. The way the hudConfig file is parsed, it is impossible to move a message from one side of the screen to the other inpdependent of resolution. You can only move the message n pixels from the border(in case of the popup messages the right border). moving them by 700 pixels obviously has different effect depending on whether or not you use a 900x600 resolution, or a 1600:1400 resolution.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I have 6GB of ram dedicated for starmade,can reach 1200 fps in certain situations. and still have "high load" msgs pop up,crazy yeah :p
    Maybe you should limit your fps to the framerate your monitor is fixed to. It saves a lot of memory. A lot.
    most likely a resolution issue. The way the hudConfig file is parsed, it is impossible to move a message from one side of the screen to the other inpdependent of resolution. You can only move the message n pixels from the border(in case of the popup messages the right border). moving them by 700 pixels obviously has different effect depending on whether or not you use a 900x600 resolution, or a 1600:1400 resolution.
    Maybe you just make it not being moved anywhere at all? I don't think there's anything it would overlap with...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Not true - it does however, reduce heat and power consumption of your hardware.
    Don't know. I had significant lag spikes when new objects were loaded. Fixing framerate to my 60fps monitor fixed the issue. Overall it seems illogical to just look at framerates, that exceed what you actually get by an order of magnitude, with a straight face.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    It fixed your FPS because the game had more resources (mainly CPU time) to 'give' to other threads.

Also, i run my game uncapped, at 60fps i can feel slight input lag, and this bothers me a lot.