More Useful Docking

Reaction score
    The reason why I say more useful is because I already find it useful. I think my suggestion would make it not only easier and more practical, but more useful. It's a quick and simple suggestion, really.

Basically change the docking beam to the docking block, instead of the ship core. This could be done by making the docking block duel-purpose or have two, one receiver and one as a beam. To make it even more useful, allow us to change the orientation of the docking block as well (I think we can already, I mean the new receiver block.). I also suggest allowing the changed orientation of the cockpit block, so we can switch to it and allow easier docking (Like if it's on your stern.).

This, in my opinion, would make docking easier and more useful. You would actually be able to dock with other ships with airlocks, however this would be even more useful if the docking wasn't a hinge, but an actual docking link. It also makes it safer since you can have your core deep inside the bowels of your ship.

Reaction score
    +1

would be very interesting to have some kind of docking clamp on the side of your capital to dock at stations

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Change the use of enhancers too, make it so they extend the docking area in the direction that you add an enhancer, not just an over all enhancement... If that makes sense?