Planned More unique items/resources/celestials

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I suggest more unique items/resources/celestials that will convice players to explore. Currently whole universe isn't really cool. It's the same in every place. Some rare planets with cool resources or another celestial objects would make players want to explore.

Example:
    Let's say that You can gather gases from rare gas giants to make shields that will make You able to fly into star or something like that.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    they'll do this in due time, probably working on the engine and other stuff so that this functions as smoothly as possible :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Maybe some rare resources could be platinum or gold. Or certain gems of value. Maybe even some rare plantlife used for some crafting. Uranium, plutonium, rubys, diamonds, emeralds, sapphires, platinum, gold, silver, amber, fossils, fossil fuels, titanium. Who knows what else.

Reaction score
    I would love to see some sectors being nebula filled with gases that could be collected, no radar or target locks working in them maybe slight damage to the ship over time so you couldn't stay long. or a wormhole that leads into a sector only accessible by it.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    probably working on the engine and other stuff so that this functions as smoothly as possible
    That's exactly what they were doing, it seems. This new update is supposed to double frame rate, although I haven't had a chance to test it myself yet.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I really want to see nebula that interfere/boost certain systems. Energy or shield dampening nebula. Imagine a faction living in a shield dampening nebula building armor tank ships, they would have a significant home field advantage.

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    I suggest more unique items/resources/celestials that will convice players to explore. Currently whole universe isn't really cool. It's the same in every place. Some rare planets with cool resources or another celestial objects would make players want to explore.

Example:
    Let's say that You can gather gases from rare gas giants to make shields that will make You able to fly into star or something like that.
    Dang it, I was gonna make a thread just like this xD

Alright then, some additional suggestions on this topic, from the top of my head:
    • Moons. An object orbiting a planet, within the same sector as the planet. They don't have to be actual 'moons' as such, just something with asteroid physics could work. Roughly 1/6th the size of the parent planet (adjustable in config?), no gravity, but mineable and have larger deposits of rersources than asteroids.
    • Actual asteroid fields. Please for the love of everything holy, give us proper asteroid fields that scale with sector size, not just tiny clusters of them. The clusters look unnatural.
    • More types of planets. Barren Mercury-like planets, corrosive Venus-like planets, gas giants, ringed planets, planetoids, all with unique resources in.
    • Debris fields. Perhaps a few wrecked ships and ship parts with a small probability to spawn in asteroid sectors. They could have asteroid properties and could be mineable, but not pilotable (as they would no longer be ships and not have a ship core). Could encourage exploring asteroid sectors to find the long-lost whatever to mine its hull blocks.
    All of these coupled with the previous suggestions would add an extra exploration aspect to the game, and make exploring distant systems and sectors that much more satisfying.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I've got a bit of a complex WIP suggestion that revolves around rare planet types. Support from me on this.