Recognized More Permissions

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    It's nice to actually have a Faction permission module now, as opposed to the old one that just made things completely public.

I still think it would have been better to use a single Permission Module and allow it to be opened and set the way a Faction Module is. Because now we still need an Alliance Permission Module and a No Enemies Permission Module :D

Just sayin'...

Reaction score
    Need to be able to set it to faction ranks so officers and high rank members can enter but new members cant.

Can only configure to 2 faction groups so far, faction and those that can edit the station. Would be nice to break that up abit to members/officers/editors

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    It's nice to actually have a Faction permission module now, as opposed to the old one that just made things completely public.

I still think it would have been better to use a single Permission Module and allow it to be opened and set the way a Faction Module is. Because now we still need an Alliance Permission Module and a No Enemies Permission Module :D

Just sayin'...
    I created a permission system for factories, by using shifting inventories and a complicated logic system. The permissions are set by using a faction module on a docked entity and a button on it, and then wireless logic to control the system on the base, with faction permission modules underneath the factories. Only problem with this is that if one person presses the button, then anyone in the faction has access to those capsules. Plus complicated logic systems are known for going screwy and wireless logic becoming detached.

Being able to set a faction permission module exactly like a faction module would simplify things so much. It's hard to grow a faction when I don't feel comfortable with the infrastructure.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    I created a permission system for factories, by using shifting inventories and a complicated logic system. The permissions are set by using a faction module on a docked entity and a button on it, and then wireless logic to control the system on the base, with faction permission modules underneath the factories. Only problem with this is that if one person presses the button, then anyone in the faction has access to those capsules. Plus complicated logic systems are known for going screwy and wireless logic becoming detached.

Being able to set a faction permission module exactly like a faction module would simplify things so much. It's hard to grow a faction when I don't feel comfortable with the infrastructure.
    Ah... yeah. I typically leave my faction factories open to the whole faction. I put screens up with advice, tips and rules for recruits. I keep about 1/3 of the faction's actual resources in an on-site hidden reserve in case of treachery or idiocy, and a tiny, deep-space secret reserve in case of hax/whatever. At some point you gotta trust your people, knowing that mistakes will be made and vows will be broken.

Custom permissions would help with factories, but I want more permissions for ships and doors too. No way around those that I see.

Reaction score
    I currently have 2 storages for my faction, the base members storage in is in factory and anyone can pull from it, and a stoeage box that can only be accessed in build mode for officers

Benevolent27

Join the Dark Side
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Ah... yeah. I typically leave my faction factories open to the whole faction. I put screens up with advice, tips and rules for recruits. I keep about 1/3 of the faction's actual resources in an on-site hidden reserve in case of treachery or idiocy, and a tiny, deep-space secret reserve in case of hax/whatever. At some point you gotta trust your people, knowing that mistakes will be made and vows will be broken.

Custom permissions would help with factories, but I want more permissions for ships and doors too. No way around those that I see.
    Just FYI, you can dock an entity for doors and then set permissions for that entity, so that only certain levels of members can open those doors. This doesn't work for factories though, because factories cannot be placed on a ship entity.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Ran into this issue this morning. Was prototyping some faction station door ideas. When I tried to add a permissions modual to control who could go through the door, to my dismay I couldn't.

I get that its more "Secure" to have level 4 only and then just faction things for everyone. But what about if I want level 3 to have their own area, and level 2 to have their own, ect? Not really doable right now. At least not with tons of docked "Station Parts" and then it complicates factories. Really hope something is done about permissions to make it easier to restrict access to only the people that should have access.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    I've been toying with the idea of allowing one level of faction in faction. Which could allow you to treat a faction as an individual in a larger parent faction. This may help you with that. As you move people within factions to change roles and permissions.