More Customisation

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    In all of the sci-fi shows or games games i know of, the different factions have different weapon colors, animations, styles, and sounds. This, I think, would be a cool concept to add into the game, mabye in the weapons tab, mabye in the faction menu.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Different sounds, animations and weapon colours can easily be replaced in the files, and can be shared by friends.

Reaction score
    That\'s not much of a solution, as someone still has to make those files. Besides, modifing game files requires understanding of what you are doing, and such is not always present in people.

Reaction score
    Maybe a preset set of different sounds and colors. REMEMBER: starmade already has enough performance issues if every of a servers 200 players now also has his own sound...that won\'t work!

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    If you actually go look in StarMade\'s folder, and go to data\\audio-resource\\ , there you will find A LOT of sound files, many of which unused.

If you want to change the sound for a specific thing ( i did this with the idle spaceship hum and the AMC fire sound), you need to rename the proper sound files.

!!! remember to back them up in a safe location before this !!!

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Weapon and exhaust colors should be configurable (I personally would always make my docking beams blue, for instance, and my exhaust plasma and whatnot purplish blue) but I don\'t like the idea of custom sounds, that just seems a bit over the top. However, if we had a LOT of diffeernt weapon types with different firing colors that are similar enough that their differences become more or less stylistic (Think Star Trek Online - min-maxers usually use Antiproton weapons because of their proc, but people pretty much use every weapon type, sometime for style reasons specifically. (I personally am a Tetryon guy.) )