More Config File Options

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    What I am proposing is more options in the config file so that servers can be more unique.

One thing that I believe is a must. Is the addition of fuel and ammo, but that it should be turned on or off from the config file.

Secondly I think there needs to be a way to easily edit weapon stats. For example maybe some one wants beams to also shoot down missiles, or they don't want missiles having a grater range then cannons. With the current weapons file you don't want to touch it for fear you will mess something up and not be able to fix it.

Also admin should be able to set jump drive and warp gate ranges. I know I have read this can be done, but have never seen it in the config files.

And finely admin should be able to tern on or off an exploration mode that will hide the map from players except for the star systems they have been to

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Secondly I think there needs to be a way to easily edit weapon stats. For example maybe some one wants beams to also shoot down missiles, or they don't want missiles having a grater range then cannons. With the current weapons file you don't want to touch it for fear you will mess something up and not be able to fix it.

Also admin should be able to set jump drive and warp gate ranges. I know I have read this can be done, but have never seen it in the config files.
    These 2 are in the blockbehaviourconfig, and I don't believe there is a way to simplify the way weapons are configured. All the values listed are important, but maybe making a small 3rd party where you can put in the values you want can help to figure out what you want to change.

The other 2 require to be added to the game in the first place. You can't ask for an option if we don't have the feature first, and food/ammo is something that needs more than a little effort to add and balance it. When/if we did get it, options to modify to turn them off would be nice though.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Seeing how missile systems are slightly OP at the moment, I would think missile ammo would be pre-balanced. It would be interesting to see how maximum ammunition is defined. Maybe it will be "missile parts" for the overall system, and depending on if the missile system is a single, massive missile, or multiple smaller missile launchers, the parts would be used up, to simulate real-time missile-building.