More Advanced Doors, Permissions and System Controls

• Thread starter Deleted member 392097
    • Start date
    D

Deleted member 392097

I think that it would be much better if you could have different types of doors and not just PlexDoors. Like Massive Blast doors which slowly slide open and smaller airlock like tubes into the ship. Having it so that the door just appears and disappears (PlexDoor) is very unrealistic and rather uninteresting.

You could also have tubes which extended out of the ship and kind of unfolded and then connected to another ship. So that you could walk across the bridge into the other ship.

Also having limited permissions for "Structures" and the door system would be useful - so that you could make it so that only people in the Faction with certain permissions could access the systems and so that you can't change their state by just going up to them, but instead if you do go up to them and press "R" then it sends a request for that door or system to have its state changed to the Core so that the person in the core in control of the ship can access these systems in "Structures" section to change their state (e.g.: Open a door or Activate the lights in a certain section of your ship).

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Two things:
    1. You can use logic to animate doors.
    2. Schema has confirmed that he will be adding all sorts of movement blocks in the future.

Reactions: Valiant70

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    I think that it would be much better if you could have different types of doors and not just PlexDoors.
    Without going into specifics regarding door types....be patient. ;)

But yes @FunnyBunny14 is right, doors can be animated differently using logic, once I get home I'm going to be testing a way to do a truly enormous blast door, without causing any lag.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Without going into specifics regarding door types....be patient. ;)

But yes @FunnyBunny14 is right, doors can be animated differently using logic, once I get home I'm going to be testing a way to do a truly enormous blast door, without causing any lag.
    I don't know if you know this (but you probably do), but bench has a tutorial on that.
    It shouldn't lag too much, unless you go crazy with a couple of thousand updating at once.

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    I don't know if you know this (but you probably do), but bench has a tutorial on that.
    It shouldn't lag too much, unless you go crazy with a couple of thousand updating at once.
    Oh that explains those giant doors I've seen on his station, but haven't seen him operate. My plan was basically just to have it go really slowly, like one row at a time. But I'll check out that video later tonight.

Reaction score
    I dont think we need different door types, but moving blocks, to build tubes like you said would be cool.