Modular Borg Cube

Reaction score
    Hullo all, I am working on a 1/4 scale Borg Cube. I was thinking of making the ship have a modular exterior. Meaning there would be pre spaced sections trenched into the hull in which you could place pieces of the ship. As many of you probably know the Borg are a perfect collective race to base a modular design on. Their ships are a simple shape, they are know for being adaptable to any situation, and they are many parts to one whole. I have some ideas for how it is logistically going to be put together but I was wondering if anyone had any module ideas or designs to attach to the cube itself.
    -The Scale of the cube is 751m/751m/751m
    -The space allocated for modules is around 100m deep on each side.
    -I will upload a copy of the working ship without modules when it is complete.

Saba

Jack of all Air
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    sounds pretty cool =) I hope to see it up and running, good luck

Reactions: cancer313

ImperialDonut

Overlord of the North Pole
    Reaction score
    Ah man, I've been wanting to do this myself, modular ships and borg cubes are a great match :)

Depending on the coverage of these 'slots', I'd recommend using some as shield plates, docked AMC batteries with AI (so they can shoot forward automagically), RP areas with assimilation rooms etc. or just detachable drones as heavy fighters.

Reaction score
    That sounds like a cool project. Even that i don't like the borg, i have to admit, that the design is someway cool, of i have a look on the details at the ships of the startrek-series.
    I'm working on a modular ship too and i'm doing good progress in finding practicable solutions for special module-purposes. My ships are civilian and comlpetely unarmed. I try to focus on rp-functionality, interior and shape.
    I may post some pictures and data, as soon, as there is enough progress to get an idea of the shape. ... Still working on the basics :)

Reaction score
    Ah man, I've been wanting to do this myself, modular ships and borg cubes are a great match :)

Depending on the coverage of these 'slots', I'd recommend using some as shield plates, docked AMC batteries with AI (so they can shoot forward automagically), RP areas with assimilation rooms etc. or just detachable drones as heavy fighters.
    I like your use of "automagically" and yeah i was thinking along the same lines as your idea with shield walls and amc batteries. I was thinking of even placing the AMCs as turrets inside the shield module. That should be possible yes?

Reaction score
    That sounds like a cool project. Even that i don't like the borg, i have to admit, that the design is someway cool, of i have a look on the details at the ships of the startrek-series.
    I'm working on a modular ship too and i'm doing good progress in finding practicable solutions for special module-purposes. My ships are civilian and comlpetely unarmed. I try to focus on rp-functionality, interior and shape.
    I may post some pictures and data, as soon, as there is enough progress to get an idea of the shape. ... Still working on the basics :)
    I'll keep my eye on your designs, to get some ideas. If there is no offensive feature your ships what kinds of stuff will the modules do?

Reaction score
    Hey all, I completed a small test ship for the multi-directional weapons systems that I will be putting in the cube. I have not done too much work on it lately so I thought I would do something quick and useful to get myself back into the project. The zip file is the blueprint of the test ship.

Attachments

Reactions: Flood117
    Reaction score
    Ah finally i can update anyone who cares on the progress of the cube. Ive really worked on the base for the large modules i will be putting into the cube. Its going to be full sized i decided so the modules are a quarter scale. Ive almost got all the base frame done.
    Ask any questions you like! It's a lot to write down all at once but I think I have this entire thing mapped in my head. starmade-screenshot-0008.jpg starmade-screenshot-0009.jpg starmade-screenshot-0010.jpg starmade-screenshot-0011.jpg starmade-screenshot-0012.jpg starmade-screenshot-0013.jpg starmade-screenshot-0014.jpg starmade-screenshot-0015.jpg starmade-screenshot-0016.jpg starmade-screenshot-0017.jpg