Mod flag

Reaction score
    The Admin tools in Starmade are awesome, but if an Admin wants to bring on help to keep his community under control and eforce rules without giving them access to the more OP commands, there is no option yet.

I'd love to see a Mod flag/list similar to the current Admin flag/list which allows for players to be Moderators, only giving them the community management commands such as kick, mute, ban, etc ... Simple enough :)

Reaction score
    What I want is a system similar to the faction system, but you only have access to it if you are an admin. On this screen, admins can choose players to become part of the \"staff group\" and thne can choose what powers to grant them from a long list of the commands. This will allow you to very precisely control who gets what and if someone abuses a particular power you can revoke a certain power without revoking their entire admin rights.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    If anyone wants to borrow ideas for this from other games, Groupmanager is part of Bukkit Essentials. It allows you to create as many groups as you want with access to a selection of the commands available.

You can name them whatever you want in the text files used to determine the settings. I think the format is yaml but xml could be used just as easily.

I agree we need Server Mods so not just making everyone Admin or nothing. I for one would welcome the ability to create a custom Mod Group and then allow the command I want them to have access to.

Admin = *.*

Mods = Whitelist_name.* Kick.* etc

The trouble I see is giving Mod\'s the ability to destroy_entity - they should not be abe to destroy the Admins ship with Mod commands we granted to them lol. That might be tricky to imnplement, so I wait and see what everyone else suggests :D