Bug Mobs Drift Off

Reaction score
    Lately when I approach pirate ships, the second they aggro on me they just drift off for about 5-10 seconds without shooting. Then after the 5-10 seconds, they teleport back to where they originally were and then drift in that same direction all over again for about 5-10 seconds. This just loops on and on. It used to be maybe just one or two ships in a fleet during the middle of a battle, but now its a whole fleet! Is there any way to fix this?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    This sounds an awful lot like a lag issue. It could possibly be related to the performance drops that others have reported and that I myself have noticed subsequent to the latest update. Perhaps try lowering some of your settings for StarMade, primarily graphics-wise, and see if that helps? It might also help to know if this is in single-player or multi-player, or both, as, if this issue is isolated to multi-player, it is likely server-side lag or latency between your client and the server in question.

Reaction score
    I haven't played multi-player in a long time. But when you say lower graphics settings, do you mean procedural background, texture pack res, etc?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Yeah, if you can. It might help. Also check that you don't have too many extra programs running on your computer. When you notice mob drifting issues, also take a glance at your fps and see if it is lower than normal, as that could serve as an indicator of whether you are actually lagging, or if there is something else going on here.