Missiles heat seek ed my planet, destroyed other ship!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    This is the stupidest thing ever. I was up in space at a shop a very very good ways away from the planet I'm on. I had another ship docked their. Wanted to test the missiles on the new ship I was building and they fired, made a 90 degree turn, went past the ship I was currently in, and straight to my ship, docked on my planet! I was far enough out that it took a good minute for the missiles to reach the planet. I followed them wondering what the hell they were seeking to, then I saw my planet come into view. This has to be a bug, if not it's stupid and needs to be fixed. Missiles should n't heat seek they ship they are fired from, that's just dumb. Or heat seek to a planet that is a good ways away from your current location.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Yeah, they\'re pretty bad. When I was trying to test them, they blew up my spacedock, the test ship docked to it, my space elevator, several of my unfactioned ships, a space station one sector away, and the only other ship which was in the same faction as me, and no matter what ignored the one ship I wanted them to target (neutral, but still created by me - but so was everything else).

On the plus side, they seemed to prioritize red targets, at least until there weren\'t any left, and they couldn\'t harm the ship they were fired from (they flew circles through it without impacting - once I was nowhere near any space stations or anything for them to target). So until they get fixed they\'re probably mainly useful for capital ships to swat fighters which are actually hostile.