Missile tracking indicator/ countermeasures

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    One thing that I was most bothered by was the lack of my ship/computer/hud, whatever, telling me that I was being tracked by a missile. Since 3rd person is pretty much useless, it's not hard for someone to target me and for me to have no way of knowing I have a giant missile bearing down on me.

It would also be nice to have some sort of flare or decoy system that I could deploy upon being targeted by a missile. It could reduce my chances of getting hit by THIS missile to 1/x where x is number of countermeasures deployed+1

eg, 1 cm = 1/(1+1) = 1/2=50% chance.
    5 cm = 1/(5+1) = 1/6 = 17% chance. etc.
    The CMs would use a good amount of energy, and would fade after about 3-4 seconds reducing the number you can launch, and the number active. A swarm missile will still invariably hit you if you don't dodge it.

This video shows how descent freespace handled missiles. About 1 minute in, you'll see the little crosshair marker at the top middle of the HUD just to the right. It blinks and you'll hear beep beep beep, and you'll see a marker on the outside of the HUD circle showing where the missile is coming from.