Misc. Suggestions

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have been playing star-made for about a little over a week now and have some suggestions about changes to the game. First off when you are in the catalog and are uploading an item from your local catalog, instead of having to type in the name,especially when it is offscreen right now, why not have a window come up instead for all the ships in your local catalog. It would look just like one of the other catalog tabs with name, rating, number of blocks, and price which would make it easier to determine which one you are trying to upload, and perhaps there should be a checkbox next to each ship so you can select all the ones you want to upload at once. Also in the distant future there should be a window in this screen that shows a rotatable picture of the ship or just from a set angle away from the core so you can see what ships in the multiplayer catalog look like before spawning them rather than having to spawn them blindly.

Next off sometime in the future you should expand on the power and thrusters so there are different levels of them, so that if you have a ship that is really long but skinny it can use less thrusters and not have a big platform of them at the end.Also if the thrusters are orientated in a certain direction they should help make it easier to turn in that direction. This would help with bigger ships that are hard to turn.

It would also be nice if you could fix the waypoint so that instead of having to go in a zig-zag through a bunch of sectors it would just make a waypoint that points straight to the right sector. This would really help in multiplayer servers for people trying to go to a far off location from spawn because at current you have to go three times as far to get to your destination as you should,which at a 50 meters per second speed limit is plain old painful.

Then there is the Bobby AI module which I am hoping will get some serious work done on it in the near future. It would be cool if you could set a ship at a certain distance from a certain ship and have the AI make it try to stay there unless attacked, at which point it would attack and destroy the enemy or die trying before returning to the desired distance away from your ship again. This would then be able to be used to make an entire fleet of ships for taking on pirates or powerfull enemy players all by yourself. Also it should be made so a ship can't attack the ship it is docked to or a ship in its own faction.

The commands also need some work while you are at it. The /give command doesn't work very well for one thing and the shop restock command should have it so that you could put a number after it to make it so it has that number of each item.

More suggestions to come in the future.

Reaction score
    I like the idea of the way points, it drives me mad trying to travel 50 sectors just to reach my home base :/