Mining Bonuses and Replenishing Asteroid Fields.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Just had moment of smarts. Will use caps on key words for the people who skim.

Mining bonuses are an INVESTMENT over time and IMPROVABLE.

They can be torched/reduced, and are tied to the SYSTEM, not the FACTION that inhabitants it.

Some systems have more belts than others, and some start with more of a base bonus than others.
    You can either improve your own systems mining bonus, or you can go out and take other peoples territory.

Just an brainstorm thing I had.

Reactions: Valck

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    What do you guys think? Invest faction points in a system, or credits, or resources?

Or should we leave mining bonuses out of this?

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    What do you guys think? Invest faction points in a system, or credits, or resources?

Oh interesting, would this increase uptake as well? I.e an upfront and reoccurring cost? Could you see this on the map?

This could make systems more valuable to take, and it could help incentivise taking multiple systems.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Oh interesting, would this increase uptake as well? I.e an upfront and reoccurring cost? Could you see this on the map?

This could make systems more valuable to take, and it could help incentivise taking multiple systems.
    That is what we are here to discuss ;):):D

Reaction score

To answer the second part first, I seem to remember some "official" statement that influencing mining bonus and other "infrastructure" like scan resolution etc. was being considered, but I may have that wrong.

Anyway, I think it would be desirable for players to be able to have an influence on the environment beyond the mere on/off bonus as it is now.
    Ideally I'd like to see all factors (faction points, finances, and resources) contribute a part to that improvement.

Just for the sake of discussion, to get of 100% of the possible available bonus, say you could invest a maximum of 75% cost from any one of the three "currencies", and you'd need to make up for the remainder with at least 25% in one of the other two, or a mix of them. This way nobody gets left out just because they don't want to take part in one area of activity, but on the other hand nobody gets to dominate by default just because they may have the monopoly in one area.

In my opinion system improvement should take a configurable amount of time, happen incrementally, and require an increasing amount of upkeep so there is a diminishing return. If upkeep isn't provided for, the bonus decays, again incrementally over time.