Mining Bonus not present

Reaction score
    So I read about a 6x mining bonus when your faction claims a planet. My brother and I are playing together in our own faction (on our own server so nobody else present). He placed a faction block on the planet and we see absolutely no "bonus" to anything. Mining the same amount per click, it doesn't recharge faster, the cycles arent quicker, nothing. What are we doing wrong? What exactly is the "mining bonus"? We were under the impression that the mining bonus would provide us with 6x the materials, so instead of 1 shard we would get 6. We are not seeing that. So can someone tell me whats up?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    The mining bonus was for owning the system iirc, just claiming a planet is not enough. I honestly haven't been too involved in said new system though, so I might be missing something.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    After placing the faction block you need to press 'R' on it to activate it and select the button to enter your faction signature. After that there will be another button in the faction block panel to claim the system for your faction. Once that is done you will get a bonus when mining shards and ores in your system. When viewing the map (press 'P'), claimed systems will be highlighted.