Minecraft Schematic to Starmade Schematic Tools?

Vas

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'm looking for a tool that can import models or schematics. That means 3D models like OBJ files and convert them into a blocked build using a single block ID like 5 (Grey Hull), or import minecraft schematic files and replace all the blocks with one ID, like 5 (Grey Hull, again).

I spent 2 months building a ship in my minecraft server, and backed up it's schematic multiple times at multiple levels of the build so I just need something that'll convert the Minecraft schematic into a StarMade schematic that can be imported into my single player or multiplayer worlds for further editing.

The schematic I want to import contains only one single block ID, block 42 (iron block, in Minecraft) so I want it to change those into 5, grey hull and then I can work on it in game much easier. I would build manually but it's just to complex. The design is 122 length, 60 wide, 28 tall. There are other designs too which are double to quadrouple the size and in higher detail (all still the same block).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    People made ships 3000m long, schema won\'t support any 3rd party editor, even though he won\'t ban or block editos if somebody else is up to (at least from what I heard when a player asked if it\'s ok making a tool which can move parts from ships to another.).

So, don\'t wait for such thing, else you will enver build anything. This is not a \"modelling\" tool to just draw lines and blocks build along it, you have to work for it.

Vas

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well if he made his own tool to do it, he could lock it at a certain length. :P To prevent people from making super ships and such just by spawning. I decreased the size of my ship from 1000ish to 122 in length. It doesn\'t look AS good anymore, but it still looks pretty nice. I don\'t want a massive ship, it looks ugly and ruins the gameplay when you have ships so massive that no one could possibly beat, and those people tend to be the griefers who stole from others or turn into griefers who ruin the game for others.

JWA

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    No no, I agree, this must be done! For this in particular:

http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/battlestar-galactica-1684603/

The part I see trouble with is editing in a ship core.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    SMedit can convert minecraft to starmade. I have used it for a few projects that will be coming out soon