mindlord0013 Council App

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Robowl

Master Owl
    Reaction score
    Username mindlord0013

Responses in this application will be posted publicly in a voting thread.

Timezone (GMT): +10 (Sydney Time)

How much time are you able to commit to being on the council per week? I can comit around 15 hours a week to council, give or take.

How long have you been playing StarMade? I've been playing since around mid 2012. I've kept up to date regularly and rarely stop playing it. I even download the dev version every once in a while.

What’s your playstyle in StarMade? I enjoy RP with other players, but I don't get much of a chance to do that. I mostly play single player, with a focus on building ships themed for my RP faction. I enjoy moderately complex logic, and will probably do lots of work on the new rail and turret system once released.

Once creatures are released, I know I will spend a lot of time doing stuff with them.

I play a little bit of multiplayer, mostly focused on empire building, pirate hunting, and Warp Gate expansion and building.

What are some qualities you think you posses that would make you a good council member? Possibly the trait most suited to being a council member is my ability to listen to and carefully consider everyone's opinion and viewpoint. Regardless of whether I agree with view, I can play the devil's advocate.

I have both a logical and creative side to myself. I'm good at summarizing information in concise lists, as well as writing in interesting and descriptive ways. I can think think through the pros and cons of a situation, but I can just as easily think of new ideas and situations.

I'm a conflict resolver, and try to find a compromise when possible. I tend to be fair and just.

My friends and family would describe me as "caring, thoughtfull, wise, intelligent, imaginative, good at explaining, a convincing speaker, and conscientous".

What are some of your weaknesses? I have a lame sense of humour. Bad, bad puns.

Because I'm an educator by profession, I have a bad habit of trying to teach things to people. Not in a condescending way, it's just because I love helping people learn and grow.

Space Whales hold a place very dear to my heart.

What motivates you to become a council member? StarMade is one of my favourite games of all time, and Schine is my #1 favourite dev team of all time. I've wanted to contribute to StarMade in some way for a while. As soon as I heard about it I thought it was the perfect opportunity to help out.

How do you contribute to the community currently? I lurk the forums every now and again, but I mostly go to chat. I believe I'm moderately well known, particularly amoung some of the more veteran chat-users.

My main claim to fame is being the one who made Omni consider introducing Space Whales to the game (it was on the very first dev stream).

I have a few ships on the site of moderate quality. I'm not the best builder, but I try my best.

All warnings, active or inactive will be posted on your application.

Status
    Not open for further replies.