Mercantile Features

Reaction score
    I would like you to put into the game the ability to charge for services on board a station.

For instance, a docking fee, it could be a flat fee, or a fee for an amount of time.

I could charge 100 credits to dock, or 100 credits to dock for an hour.

This could extend to other features, even ones not yet implemented such as repair docks, which could charge per block placed or per every ten blocks placed, and the way in which it charges should be adjustable.

You could make it store the money within the block which is charging money, for the owner to retrieve later, or have the money be deposited directly into a faction bank account.

It would help greatly if i could make money off people using my station's services.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah, you could set up a station with really good shields, and then allow ships to dock there for protection... for a fee. And when that person runs out of money..... >:D

Of course, we\'d need a clear way to show the price before docking, and to make sure that if a price changes while you\'re docking, you aren\'t charged any extra.

Reaction score
    There should be a way to preview the cost and possibly even a confirmation dialogue for exorbitant expenditures.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That brings up a good point; What would happen when someone who\'s docked runs out of money? Undock them and expose them to the cruel, harsh, unshielded world? Or run up a tab?

Though it is pretty darn unlikely that someone would actually ever run out of money. So far anyway it\'s super easy to get rich.

Reaction score
    i was thinking it would just undock them, since i myself don\'t prefer to put people in debt unless they want me to.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I guess it\'s a matter of whether the ship is worth more than the extra fees.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    My suggestion - have the ship be left docked (and run up a tab) when it runs out of dock time, but if another ship comes along that needs to be docked, undock the original one.

Reaction score
    In any case, all future features which can have a price to use should be allowed to be charged for.

To name a few, station-based FTL travel devices for passing ships, safe storage, docking, and,of course, player owned shop which sell goods.