Maybe Icosahedron's would make better planets?

Reaction score

Wikipedia says this is the shape the world is projected onto, before being unfolded.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    A dodecahedron may not be as round as a icosahedron, but it gives a larger surface area for each face. Whereas with an icosahedron, the faces are smaller/triangular and you will run into the rims more frequently. Just my opinion on it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    A dodecahedron may not be as round as a icosahedron, but it gives a larger surface area for each face. Whereas with an icosahedron, the faces are smaller/triangular and you will run into the rims more frequently. Just my opinion on it.
    and i don't think that schema after all his word on those planets would restart everything ...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    and i don't think that schema after all his word on those planets would restart everything ...
    I don't think he would mind, if it meant that it would be better for the game as a whole. I just prefer the dodecahedron for the larger faces.

Reactions: testkil
    Reaction score
    I don't think he would mind, if it meant that it would be better for the game as a whole. I just prefer the dodecahedron for the larger faces.
    Maybe your right. But, he could make the planets larger overall. I feel that even the new ones maybe too small.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    This is interesting, but I agree with Syleiel that the faces would be too small.