Material Supply Beams

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I have built my first factory, and getting it arranged in a logical manner has been a challenge. Now that I have raw materials centrally located with the processors surrounding, I am having an issue with being able to see the factories when I manage production. The materials supply beams are in the way, and there are now a lot of them....

Is there a way to turn the beams off, or make the opaque? If not, perhaps a hotkey that would turn them off for 10 seconds or so, enough time to select a processor and open its GUI.

Onward to pillage planets!

Cheers!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    there is not a way to turn the beams off you should have put the block next to each other so you don't see the beams

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    there is not a way to turn the beams off you should have put the block next to each other so you don't see the beams
    Placing blocks next to each other severely limits the options for production chains. I feared there might not be a way to opaque or turn off the beams. Oh well, next factory will be built with that in mind. Cheers.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    mgwerner do you mean those grey pulsing tubes? The same used to show logic block connections?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    mgwerner do you mean those grey pulsing tubes? The same used to show logic block connections?
    Green/Blue/Grey, colours travel down the tube in sequence. I've not delved into logic blocks yet, so I cannot speak to any similarity.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    resolved in PM.

For others wanting to know, these pipes are generated with a shader. There is currently no in-game option to turn them off (to my knowledge).

Reactions: mgwerner
    Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'd actually prefer it if they were visible only in build mode. Sometimes it isn't convenient to have logic right next to what it controls, or I want to have one circuit control multiple lights (or whatever) in sync. But often this means a connection pipe will be shown in some odd direction, unless one specifically designs the ship or station around it.