Master / Slave AI Modules

Reaction score
    I hope this hasn't been visited already. I tried to browse the turret threads and it looks like there are some developments on the way that may make this suggestion mute but. . .

I was wondering if there could be a simple AI network available where we can slave multiple AI modules to a master module so that the slaves follow the settings of the master. When a master AI module is detected on a ship, it becomes available in the hotbar in flight mode so that adjustments can be made without leaving the pilot seat. I can't speak to how easy that would be or how it would mesh with existing developments, but it would open up a whole world of flexibility and innovation without adding any other features.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    This would likely allow for semi-easy "weapon banks", as the slaves could allso inherit the Master AI's target.

Assuming that makes it in, I'd request it be combined with being able to name the damn things; much like how we keep requesting the ability to name our hotbar'd weapons, and like how we can name the inner-ship remotes.

EDIT: and obviously shouild be compatible (or made compatible) with the control chair that the devs keep taunting us with.
    And the NPC's they keep delaying the chairs for.