master builder seminars for noobs?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Do they have?
    I'd love to watch a vid or two , post qf.
    I just build qubes of puke.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    What I was trying to ask about was how to become a masterful builder. Not just Titans but lowly shuttles need love too. Stations, ship yards, and specialty ships, noy just RP ships, could use a resurgence. :giggle:(y):cool:
    Cybertec

Crashmaster

I got N64 problems but a bitch ain't one
    Reaction score
    I'm no master but I think I improved the most from trying to build replica stuff. You have to find ways to make stuff fit and angles that aren't easy within the limits of StarMade. Also, practice building without the hardest part; thinking of an idea. After that, just have masterful imagination too.

Trying to retro fit old ships with new ideas gives good insight into how it would have been best planned

Reactions: Cybertec
    Reaction score
    Do they have?
    I'd love to watch a vid or two , post qf.
    I just build qubes of puke.
    I guess it comes down to how you define "master builder". If it's all about the stats, then I doubt there are many up-to-date videos, if any at all.

If on the other hand your definition is about aesthetics, then I don't think "post-qf" matters at all, and there are a couple of really talented builders, some active, some long gone but still well worth watching.

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    I guess it comes down to how you define "master builder". If it's all about the stats, then I doubt there are many up-to-date videos, if any at all.

If on the other hand your definition is about aesthetics, then I don't think "post-qf" matters at all, and there are a couple of really talented builders, some active, some long gone but still well worth watching.
    Going to double down on this, since post-QF maks things FAR easier to aestheticly build with. If OP is looking for more "most effectic tactic available" (META) then they should just open the config files and do some math. KISS of META is "Weapons are always more efficient by mass and energy and volume than defense" as long as you can land your shots anyways.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Should I research a server to join and watch how others build? I see awesome builds but fail to deconstruct/reconstruct them. The advance build tools seem to negate my noob muse.

Reaction score
    I don't consider myself a master builder by a long shot but I improved a lot by watching youtube videos and downloading my favourite builds from Community Content section. Also try to copy from reference images single parts and then paste them togheter.

I would suggest to start by building ships between 60 and 120m lenght. A good compromise to detailing possibility and time/effort to complete it. Also sharing some WIP blueprint or screenshots and ask for feedbacks is really helpfull!

Last edited:
    Reactions: docpenguindoc
    Reaction score
    P.s. if you share some of your work I can record a review with some tips for you (or at least try!)

Last edited:
    Reactions: docpenguindoc