Massive FPS drop when large entities are near eathother

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    While playing the game i was flying my star destroyer around with is comprised off about 87000 blocks however if i get near another large thing such as a starbase or a planet i experience a massive FPS drop where i get about 1 FPS

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I get that too but for me even when I get out of my ship to explore a space station I get major lag and it drops down to 2-3 FPS. For me it\'s my graphics card that isn\'t up to date, I\'m fine when I\'m flying in space and even when encountering pirates and even mining asteroids, but the moment I get close to a pirate base, abandoned station, or a planet I start getting major FPS issues, even when I\'m out of my ship.

I\'ve even tried making a tiny ship/pod and fly close to a station, but the moment it comes into view my FPS goes down.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Mine appears to be fine if i look away from the planet.space station etc., but as soon as a even begin to look in it\'s direction, i hit about 2 fps.
    the only thing i can think of is my graphics card is old (GeForce 7600 GS). Any ideas would be great, i really want to start exploring.

Reaction score
    One of my large ships (mass 36.000) and my not-yet-finished space station (mass 26.000) mostly hover along just fine. But at times, I get the same 2-3 fps. This occurs at random moments.

MultiDavid, you should fly a really big ship into the gravity pool of any planet. Then you\'ll know what we are experiencing :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    This usually happens for everyone, a good tip is not to get too close (duh) or have a small quick shuttle to transport you from one big ship/station to another big ship/station.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Same issue as this - http://star-made.org/content/server-crashing-bug

It\'s obsurd.