Bug Mass Miscalculation between the catalog and other menus

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Was noticing something rather odd when working on something lately and that the mass displayed in the catalog seems to be far different than what say the nav menu picks up or even the build menu. Needless to say when a 200k block ship is suddenly lighter than a 200 block satellite we got a problem. Will have to check and see how many other menus have this issue but I know full well that the catalog isn't showing the real mass only part of it and the nav menu seems to be picking up the real mass just fine. For example the Isanths were 300 mass before the updates and their hotfixes and are now 30 to 50 mass under that in the catalog while they are the same mass they were in the nav menu. o_O

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    There's two things going on with this that I've seen. 1) sometimes the catalog just messes up. I once had a 7 billion or so block ship in the catalog or something ridiculous like that. 2) the catalog finds mass using the old system where every block weighs the same amount, so it's just .1x blocks.