Mass-Based Respawn Tickets

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    Big ships tend to have big crews in reality and in sci-fi.

Currently, Starmade ships only have a crew of one, because it's useless to bring multiple people aboard one ship. Carriers for player-flown fighters are useless without respawn points for those who kick the bucket. Shipside boarding operations are difficult at best and boring at worst without crew being able to respawn (invaders would have to respawn at whatever ship they launched their shuttle from, I'd imagine).

My suggestion: A shipboard secondary Undeathinator block with a limited number of uses per unit of time (hours? days?). Players spawned at the shipside Undeathinator are automatically alligned to the ship to prevent any movement mishaps. The number of times any player may spawn at any Undeathinator on a single ship (not each individually, so as to prevent exploitation by means of changing respawn point) should be dependent on ship mass and a server config setting. I'd personally suggest a non-linear function to determine the maximum number of respawns a ship can have - diminishing returns and such.

We may see an increase in the number of carrier builds and fighter wings being used in combat if this kind of thing is added.

Side bonus: The game's infantry side is a little more viable than before with this feature. Would just need a weak shield bypassing infantry weapon and a way to align a ship to another ship without docking to make it an integral part of the game.

Reactions: Jake_Lancia