Make Warp Gate routes not visible for everyone

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    HEAR HEAR!

I've been a raider, and those gate lines are like beacons.
    The MFleet server, which has been in a state of peace for about a month now, has been hunting a griefer en masse who keeps killing undefended warpgates. Since no one is really fighting, few thought to put turrets on their gates.

That guy has been the bane of our existence, and it's really annoying.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    The MFleet server, which has been in a state of peace for about a month now, has been hunting a griefer en masse who keeps killing undefended warpgates. Since no one is really fighting, few thought to put turrets on their gates.

That guy has been the bane of our existence, and it's really annoying.
    I haven't visited your server yet, but yeah - warpgates and gate stations can be cheap action if no one wants to fight you.

Reactions: Mered4

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I haven't visited your server yet, but yeah - warpgates and gate stations can be cheap action if no one wants to fight you.
    Oh, I would fight the bastard. I've got two of my Executors sitting at the homebase, waiting for him. But he's a notorious combat logger, which makes him very difficult to catch.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    Well that's quite a bit different. I only ever raided gates when I couldn't get a real fight with someone actually online at the time.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Beats me why this thread hasn't been noticed yet. No dev tag.

Reactions: Mered4
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I posted this idea a while ago, but can't find the thread/post.

I agree that warp networks should be hidden, but would rather they be discoverable than just on/off.

Image that the ship has a Navigation Module. Like a faction block it is limited to only one per ship. It stores the waypoints you save, the stations you've discovered, the parts of the galaxy you have visited, and the warp-gate connections you have used.

Why a module? Because if your ship is destroyed you loose the information (aside from what you can have saved to a different module). If you change ships, you access a new nav computer with different information. The beauty of this approach is that it makes it so that galaxy maps and information is a tradable commodity. Go to a shop and buy a map of the system. Go to a faction shop and buy the nav data for their warp gate network. Infiltrate an enemy ship and steal the warp-gate information from their nav-computer. Protect your ship because if it goes you have to go buy all that nav data again, or else re-discover what you lost.

This could also be used to make a pay-to-use system for using other players warp-gates, and this would also help incorporate those players who just like to fly around and explore.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    (aside from what you can have saved to a different module)
    Copying data from 1 existing module to another should be easy(I think the press of a button when the ship is docked to something to upload/download the nav-data from the mothership)[disable-able on the mothership on a per-dock basis]