Make the Overdrive module increase projectile speed

Reaction score
    Instead of more damage for more power, make it faster bullets for more power. Pulses and beams would get more distance.

Reaction score
    Would be cool to make it increase the range for everything as well, we all want 10km AMC railguns!

Reactions: therimmer96
    Reaction score
    Make that 20km railguns and 100km laser snipers!
    You have that backwards, 100KM railguns and 20km lasers.

That would be awful though, lol. People would simply be firing at the square the nav computer tells them to not knowing if they are hitting anything or not.

Reaction score
    Isn't that what the beam support does? Increase projectile range and speed?

Reaction score
    Isn't that what the beam support does? Increase projectile range and speed?
    It does, but it has a finite value. You can't put down 500 support modules for 100 master modules and get 500% support power, it caps at 100% unfortunately. Definitely something they should change though, would make stuff a lot more interesting and give you more customization options.

Reaction score
    It does, but it has a finite value. You can't put down 500 support modules for 100 master modules and get 500% support power, it caps at 100% unfortunately. Definitely something they should change though, would make stuff a lot more interesting and give you more customization options.
    Wait, effect modules have no cap? Did not know that.

Would you suggest that the beam module does something different? Personally I'd like to see weapon spread (only a small amount, but enough to add some spread to damage at long ranges) so maybe beam supports could increase accuracy.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I disagree with this. If anything, it should do both, but I'd prefer damage as it is now.

Reaction score
    Wait, effect modules have no cap? Did not know that.

Would you suggest that the beam module does something different? Personally I'd like to see weapon spread (only a small amount, but enough to add some spread to damage at long ranges) so maybe beam supports could increase accuracy.
    I don't think you read my post properly, my entire point was the the slave systems do have a cap and that is what prevents us from getting the awesome range cannons and such.

Reaction score
    I don't think you read my post properly, my entire point was the the slave systems do have a cap and that is what prevents us from getting the awesome range cannons and such.
    Ah, my apologies. I inferred that you meant that effect modules have no cap while support modules do.

Yeah, if there was no cap then that'd be interesting - no idea what it'd mean balance-wise, though. The current system seems to work pretty well, though I think certain systems need to be buffed and others nerfed. The stop effect, for example, seems pretty benign.

I'd have nothing against a separate effect that increases weapon range which, like the overdrive module, increases power consumption, but I don't think it's necessary to completely replace the overdrive module.

Reaction score
    Having an effect module that increased range in exchange for more power consumption would definatly be a welcome addition, but it should be added as a new module rather than replacing the overdrive.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Sorry for this noob question, but does anyone know what the id is of the overdrive module?