Make core a logic block: on = player inside.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Make core a logic block: on = player inside

PHYSICS_LINEAR_DAMPING = (however low you can reasonably get it)
    [...]I'd want to suggest seeing how low you can get linear damping since it's a pain all be it necessary until we have a way to stop ships drifting into the abyss.
    If Push-Effects pushes you forward and Pull-Effect pulls you backward, why not have logic-activate-able a stop effect too?
    Maybe:
    thrusters=off -> update breakEffect(( maxBreakEffect * (#{thrusters=off} / #{all thrusters} ) ))

maxBreakEffect = linear dampening?​

If you link (activation, core -> thrusters), by pressing or releasing WASD, the player manually turns them on or off and they update for whatever provided the most recent status change.
    That makes thrusters usable outside the core - an array computer (AC) could set the direction to it's own orientation.​

If you link (core -> and/or -> thrusters), and will allow, or will force thrusters to thrust.

But it would also be useful to turn "bobby-logic" off and player-logic remains on while players take active control.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    You know the Stop-effect does stop you too, although it is inefficient in doing so.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Yes. I figured out that 25 power consumption and 10 effect is good for push/pull (maybe stop) = 250 energy per 10 push/pull/stop if you want to replace thrusters.

((I tried to make them a warp-drive, but while they ignore overdrive and even reset speed to the original max speed, thrusters have more max speed with overdrive active - which BTW remains active after adding to a weapon array: just the switch is unaccessible))

The problem with these is, that the push/pull effect computers are not activate/deactivate, but more they trigger each time.
    Their efficiency depends on fps/lag far more than thrusters do.

Stop effect computers are meant for defending against push/pull weapons (maybe stop too? ;) ), If you increase them to have a noticeable stop effect, they would be worse in what they are meant to be.
    Neither they are currently activate-able by logic.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Nice idea, I am thinking a room with four step trigger on the ground like the dancing mat use in playstations, user can step on the trigger to control the direction

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Nice idea, I am thinking a room with four step trigger on the ground like the dancing mat use in playstations, user can step on the trigger to control the direction
    I like that idea! 9 fields:
    cclockw, forward, up
    left, stop, right
    down, back, clockwise