Make Cargo Like Transporters

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    You probably already have something like this going, since the transporters came out first, but...

Make the cargo bays function the same way transporters do now.

Have cargo bay floor blocks like we have transporter modules, link them to a cargo computer, make the cargo computer something that can be slaved to salvage.

But more importantly, the transporter system allows movement of players from one entity to another, so I'm hoping cargo bays will be able to give us cargo transporters to move cargo around for us. Even if its not automatic, walking down to the cargo bay, accessing the cargo transporter, and telling it to send everything to the receiving bay on a station would be so very nice...

Reactions: Zaphord
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    This solves a big problem I had with building a large cargo freighter, managing how to get it in and out of the cargo hold. I originally had huge doors that opened up the entire cargo bay and a smaller tug ship to move them around. Now I could streamline the process using a bulk cargo transporter if this becomes a reality.

Reaction score
    This seems like a really good idea. I like the idea of docking a salvage/mining ship to a station and transporting the cargo to the holds of the station.

Brilliant!

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Schine already has plans regarding cross-entity cargo transfer, but this is not a bad idea regardless.