Magnets

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I thought of an idea that Starmade should have, magnets. Magnets could be used to dock "bigger" ships to other ships and or space stations. You could also use it as a way to drop/launch explosives onto a planet or ship. These should be able to be activate from the ship core.

Reaction score
    We already have docking ports :). But I like your idea with ability to drop disintegrator bombs.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hmm... explosive latch docking modules!

They would be great for bombs, escape pods, and any other thing you might want to throw into space... like quick-deployment fighters.

But by the way, you currently can drop bombs on a planet since it has gravity, just dock the bombs under the ship and do a bombing run :P

Reaction score
    Ennemy planets you go on the weapon system and you can activate it from the main ship

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hmm, I just found out that you can place blocks 1-level below the core for turret dockings... and doing so will throw the turret out if you undock it, this is awesome!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Sorry I had to. Someone had to.

The magnets I would love to see would be for SAS modules, so that DOCKED ships using the current system would ALIGN their magnet to the docking point\'s magnet.

That way you could walk from your ship onbaord a station naturally! As long as the designs are compatible.

Regardless, some ways have already been used to launch projectile-ships via docking the docking system, usually at high speed.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    You guys are right about the explosives part, but with the current docking modules and docking enhancers you won\'t be able to dock giant \"capital\" ships to other \"capital\" ships. Also I think it would be kinda cool if you could switch the magnet so that the \"face\" is either north or south. Thanks for the support

-GIFF_

Reaction score
    I have been asking for this for a long time. I even have made posts about it. What gives?

Love you mate for putting this up, i think people just shun me. :(