Low framerate for seemingly no reason

Reaction score
    I have an MSI GT-70, and can run games such as Planetside 2 with practically no frame drop.
    Yet for some reason, today when I decided to try Starmade (I haven't played it in ages! Actually haven't played in so long due to this problem, just never thought to use the forum before. xD) the game ran decently smoothly, yet actions such as moving the mouse lagged for a second or so before doing anything. In general, it was just slow and I'm not quite sure why. Any suggestions out there? I also ran the diagnostic tool and everything seems to be fine...
    Thanks in advance for any help!

Reaction score
    Probably a java issue. Make sure you're using the latest 64 bit version of java 7.
    Make sure anti aliasing is turned off though. It doesn't work in starmade without a super computer. If shadows are enabled, it causes lag as well.

Reaction score
    I'm currently working on checking my Java, I'm pretty sure its up to date, but might as well make sure. In the mean time, can you tell me where to turn off Anti aliasing? I couldn't find it in options.
    *edit
    I'm not sure theres a difference, but if there is its not major. Java is now up to date.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    The anti aliasing options are in the connection setup window. Go to Settings>Show Advanced Settings and it will show up. It defaults to off though.
    Does your laptop use optimus? If it does, make sure starmade is running on your dedicated graphics card.

Reaction score
    The anti aliasing options are in the connection setup window. Go to Settings>Show Advanced Settings and it will show up. It defaults to off though.
    Does your laptop use optimus? If it does, make sure starmade is running on your dedicated graphics card.
    I forgot about advanced settings! I'm not sure what Optimus is, but I'm pretty sure I don't have it. How do I know if Starmade is running on my dedicated graphics card?

Reaction score
    Optimus runs most stuff on the integrated graphics to save battery power, but is supposed to run games on the dedicated graphics. I don't have a laptop with optimus, so I am not very familiar with it. If you don't have it, then everything runs on the dedicated graphics.

Reaction score
    Odd... It really should not be lagging then. I can't tell whats causing it. Should I try a fresh install?