[Logic] Automatic bus that comes back.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I made this so I can access the docking area of my planet with a bit more style :p Here you can see an album of what it does exactly (my pc sucks too hard for gifs).

Basically this bus brings you to a point, waits a while and goes back to the "base". The base is a closed room behind a door, I did it so the bus is protected. The door that protects the bus opens and closes after a while automatically when the bus passes.

Don't bother saying it needs decoration, I haven't started that part yet! :p

Images are in chronological order: http://imgur.com/a/mazLO#0

Reactions: mgwerner
    Reaction score
    Pretty darn cool!, might have to pick your brain on that when I get to that point of my Titan, if you don't mind?

Reaction score
    I'm guessing those two things on the roof are for movement direction detection? Cool idea. I probably would have tried some timing stuff which would fail horribly on server lag. :D

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    I would have used push/pull on the station. Much less prone to destruction from randoms, and can be integrated with the rest of the stations systems :) Pretty redundant now we know that rails are round the corner ; )

Still cool though

Reaction score
    Have I missed something ? How does this bus stay on is tracks?

I have no idea how is works ^^ But nice to see what is possible ;)

Reaction score
    I believe it's just a space station, not a planet, and what's keeping the thing in place is the fact that moving mass doesn't change its trajectory on its own. If you'd push it from the right angle, it would just float away¹.

¹ "With the rest of the garbage."

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I believe it's just a space station, not a planet, and what's keeping the thing in place is the fact that moving mass doesn't change its trajectory on its own. If you'd push it from the right angle, it would just float away¹.

¹ "With the rest of the garbage."
    uh...

I made this so I can access the docking area of my planet with a bit more style :p Here you can see an album of what it does exactly (my pc sucks too hard for gifs).

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    It looks like a space station, but it's probably up from a planet plate, then has the connection severed, to make it look like an orbiting station. Plus, then it has natural gravity that effects ships and everything. Very useful. I made a similar "station" above my home planet in SP.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I would have used push/pull on the station. Much less prone to destruction from randoms, and can be integrated with the rest of the stations systems :) Pretty redundant now we know that rails are round the corner ; )
    But that would mean I'd have to put two beams for each side, they'd also not be able to shoot through the closed door! I had no idea that rails are around the corner... well, then I'll just use it for no gravity stations, so I don't have to waste money on rails :D

And to everyone, yes, it's on a planet and the ship is sitting on these green rails. Basically:

The ship is triggered from the station. I press a button, this closes a door in the station, which triggers a Trigger Area on the ship which makes it go forward until it hits something with the front, then it goes back. There's a second Trigger Area in the back that will turn all motors off when it arrives back to the station (since trigger areas only activate when something ENTERS the area, its effect doesn't "collide" with the first mentioned Trigger Area (the one used to send the bus forward). Doors are also opened for X seconds thanks to more Trigger Areas on the station.

Pretty darn cool!, might have to pick your brain on that when I get to that point of my Titan, if you don't mind?
    Don't worry, another user just said that actual rails are about to be implemented, so you won't have to make any logic :p If you have any question related to this though, just ask here!