Logging out/Crashing mechanics

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I am somewhat fond of the current way that logging out functions; the ship is left in space where any number of pirates or players can get at it. However, I think it is at the same time entirely unreasonable. If one is in battle and the server or client crashes, one will find themselves with their ship drifting away, and entirely vulnerable to the enemy ships cannnons. I think the most reasonable way of handling logging out or crashing of the client is to simply have the ship they are currently in disappear, and when they log in have it reappear with the user already inside of the core. Whether this should be a default mechanic or something that can be configured, I suppose, depends on how easy this function is to add. I look forward to hearing everyone's opinion on this issue.

Reaction score
    this is grate tho im shure soemone else has posted this but i still love this idea it balances it in ways i have lost ships someties my starter ships from greefers and stuff on non pvp focused severs so this will help thare but it will only protect one ship making it so ship naping is posable and on severs that are pvp you can just leave the sething off lething ships be destoyed while gone i love it

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well, I did do some searching because I too thought it was likely someone suggested this, but I could not find any such topic. As you were saying though, hopefully even PVP servers would leave this on for now, for the reasons I pointed out. In the future though, as the game crashes less (again, hopefully) it may be not as neccessary.

Reaction score
    Ships disappearing on logout would just make logging out an easy way to stop combat. Worse, it could mean a ship would instantly reappear on top of another and make for a collision mess.

Logging out should place you where you\'d be if you left the core, but invisible/invulnerable, and tie this position relative to the core so that you\'re near it when you return. You don\'t lose your ship during a crash/logout by it floating away (sure it can get destroyed, but players shouldn\'t continue battles against ships where the enemy has clearly crashed) and you also can\'t protect it via a crash/logout.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think this is a very fair medium between the way it is now my idea. However, we could still have the player spawn in the core that one was in when he/she left, as long as the core\'s still alive. I guess that\'s another matter of how hard it would be to implement.