Location Markers

Reaction score
    I think there should be some kind of way to mark and keep a list of locations that are important, like where stations you own and planets and ships are, that way you do not have to use the admin command to look them up and you don't have to write down all the coordinates, some of which, like those for planets, can change.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah, I was thinking about this too. It would be cool if there was a Ship Log block that you could put on your ship that would record every sector you visit, and what you did there.
    It would also be nice if you could put a tracking becon on your ships, with the ability to pull up the sector location of all your ships with a becon. I have lost a ship due collision on spawn, and almost lost another because I hit R to exit while it was moving, the walls didn\'t keep me in the ship.

Reaction score
    Im also thinking something like a recall system, like an ai you can put on a ship that will automaticly fly it back to a location if you exit the sector or something

Reaction score
    I thought of a Nav or GPS Module that marks the entity it lies on in a Nav list (maybe with permissions like the ship catalog)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    a lot better than setting a nav becon, you don\'t have to zig zag to your target you can go straight to it with this.

I had been wishing this was ingame for quite a while.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    What about a \"Starmap\".. you could use it and it would open a map and would show sectors you have visited and specific things that were there at the time of leaving that sector.. like planets for example..

This would be useful for finding lost ships/stations or planets with a base on it.. and would also show area\'s where you have not visited, promoting exploration :D

The main use for the Starmap would be marking out areas.. that way you can explore and not worry about losing your base..

There is only one downside to this starmap idea, it may be difficult to code because the universe isn\'t flat and easy to mark out like a regular map.. it is 3D so it would be harder to mark stuff unless it is like this..

3D starmap: this would be a bit like build mode and you would fly around in a 3D area with sectors you had explored.. then you can click which opens up a menu which is \'exit starmap\', \'mark\', \'filter\' and \'scan\' .. \'mark\' makes a dot appear on each object in sectors you have been to and you can click on one to mark it and it will stay on you HUD(in normal mode) dispite how far you are away from it.. \'filter\' changes what is shown on the starmap, a bit like how the navigation filter works, it just disables the viewing of certain objects like asteroids and such.. \'scan\' does exactly what it\'s name suggests, it scans an area for new features.. the time it takes to scan varies depending on how far you are away from the sector..

This idea goes well with this marking topic and has many other uses too like scanning areas for pirates or seeing if players are in a particular area or even for admins to check what players are making or doing..

NOTE: there are 2 Starmap modes: Admin and Normal.. Normal mode just shows where you have been and is the standard use for the Starmap.. Admin mode is available for admins only as the name suggests and it shows the combined maps from all players in one big Starmap.. this allows the admins to see where players are, what they\'re doing, and other things..

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    i like the ideas in this thread: http://star-made.org/content/way-name-sector-asteroid-etc