Read by Council linking the rotary block to a docked module to copy its rotation

Reaction score
    hello again
    here with another wacky idea

I was thinking it be nice to have the rotary block being able to duplicate the rotation of a docked entity by linking it to a rail docking unit
    and amplify its rotation by the number of activation modules with a max of 8 in order to *for example*

simulate role playing servos and gearboxes

Reaction score
    Is this not possible with logic? It sounds quite possible with logic. And not much more difficult to get right, though I probably have a different idea of how this would work than you do.

If you want a gear box, how about a free spinning docking point? Actually, once we've got clipping worked out, a turret axis could do the trick.

Reaction score
    what you are referring to is not copying but making two or more rotations with each its own speed
    what I want is to read out for example a turrets angle

btw I don't want any physical contact, its just for adding the elusion of intricate mechanics

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Oh you want to copy the angle, that makes more sense. I'm cool with that, yeah.

nightrune

Wizard/Developer/Project Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Thinking Positive
    You can do that right now with the current logic. It would take a little work but its possible right now.

Reaction score
    You can do that right now with the current logic. It would take a little work but its possible right now.
    logics have a delay of 0.5 seconds if your going to let logics sample on what angle a turret is it can take up to half a second for the rest to move with it

no i want it to be as if the turret is driven by smaller wheels and I want it to be copying the angle every frame

so if the game is running at 30 frames per second , the connected cogs must take on the turrets angle a 30 times per second

I simply don't see logics do 30 samples per second