Linked Wireless Logic can't be chain-linked?

Reaction score
    I'm not sure if i'm wording this right, but basically, this is the issue:

I have two seperate entities docked to my ship that I want to be able to press a button to make rotate in unison. There is one logic block (wireless) in each entity which is linked together by C-V. When I activate the linked wireless logic block manually, both sides rotate. Now, when i try to link this block to ANOTHER wireless logic block on the actual ship so I can control it while flying, with the marker gun, it's like it only detects one of the entities, so one will rotate but the other will not budge. But if I go back and manually press the button, they both move. Does anyone know if this is a bug or intentional?

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Each wireless block can be connected to one other wireless block. You can't chain them together due to the way they've been set up. This may change in the future but that's the way it's set up currently.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    This is terrible. It more than doubled the work to set up my multi-rail high-speed elevator. I had to float back and forth between the control unit and the rails more than 24 times and use C 24 times and V 24 times. If I could have slaved several wireless modules to a single transmitting wireless module, I could have floated back and forth 3 times, used C 3 times and only pressed V 24 times.

A lot of numbers, yes. This quantifies the amount of wasted effort this oversight causes for complex rail builds.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Understandable, it's due to the way the data structure is set up. We might be able to find a solution in the future, but at the moment it is what it is, and it's still achieved. Something pretty impressive

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Understandable, it's due to the way the data structure is set up. We might be able to find a solution in the future, but at the moment it is what it is, and it's still achieved. Something pretty impressive
    Yeah, I completely understand (having done a little coding myself). I just wanted to emphasize that it really shouldn't be left this way. It's good because it enables rail contraptions that would otherwise be impossible, but it desperately needs improvement before the game's full release. With the groundwork for wireless logic in place, I would imagine it's just a matter of Schema finding time to work on it again.

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Yeah, I completely understand (having done a little coding myself). I just wanted to emphasize that it really shouldn't be left this way. It's good because it enables rail contraptions that would otherwise be impossible, but it desperately needs improvement before the game's full release. With the groundwork for wireless logic in place, I would imagine it's just a matter of Schema finding time to work on it again.
    It might involve a bit of a data restructure if it ends up going from tracking a single value to an array, needless to say we obviously want the best experience for our players, but when that change happens it's inevitable that everyone will have to relink all their logic again. Sorry in advance, i'm in the same boat as everyone else

Reaction score
    I found a work-around by linking the wireless controller to a ship remote and then linking that to another wireless remote, but anything that makes it simpler would be neat!

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Something does not now seem to be working as you describe above, Bench. But maybe I'm doing it wrong.

I have three structures.
    Core structure has 2 wireless logic blocks A and B.
    Structure 2 has 1 wireless logic block A'
    Structure 3 has 1 wireless logic block B'

I use my marker beam to connect A to A'
    Activating A activates A' (yay!)
    I use my marker beam to connect B to B'
    Activating B activates B' (yay!)
    Activating A activates B' (???)
    Activating B activates A' (wtf?)

Help? Is this a bug, a feature, or pilot error?

Bench

Creative Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    Hmm that's weird, unsure about that.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Something does not now seem to be working as you describe above, Bench. But maybe I'm doing it wrong.

I have three structures.
    Core structure has 2 wireless logic blocks A and B.
    Structure 2 has 1 wireless logic block A'
    Structure 3 has 1 wireless logic block B'

I use my marker beam to connect B to B'
    Activating B activates B' (yay!)
    Activating A activates B' (???)
    Activating B activates A' (wtf?)

Help? Is this a bug, a feature, or pilot error?
    You're using a marker beam? I just use c and v and it works fine. That may be your issue, I doubt it but it's worth a shot.