Link Inventories of Docked Ships to Stations

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So when I go pirate harvesting, I always come back with many boxes full of blocks.

I fill up my inventory, leave the ship, and hike over to my storage locker on my base. I spend several minutes sorting everything out, then go back to my ship and do it again. Lather, rinse, repeat for 10-15 minutes per run.

Even if I put a couple of master inboxes on my docking platform, I'm still having to ferry blocks from ship to station.

Could we perhaps treat any storage linked to a ship as being storage that is also linked to the station when docked? Let my storage lockers auto-pull from the storage on my docked ship? Or at least let me stand next to my storage lockers and move blocks from ship storage to my inventory, and then into base storage?

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    well in the most recent dev build we now have the ability to remotely activate the logic blocks on another ship. Perhaps the same system could be used to make a Data-to-Physical Matter transfer block that we hook out storage blocks to. then when they dock to something it creates a link another storage block hooked up to the Data-to-Physical Matter transfer block.

Reactions: CyberTao
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Until thats possible, just build a Master Outbpx on your ship, activate pull and it pulls everything from your ships internal storage, place your Master Inbox on your docking port so that you dont have to travel when transfering items between the two. Thats how i transfere stuff quickly between my Ships and Station.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Storage inventory could have a button, transfer contents to docked ship inbox / station inbox. They could have a droplist for list of named or otherwise marked storages... not sure if it needs another block to mark intership inboxes or not. Personally I believe transfering items doesn't need to be any more complex than necessary due to engine, as it's mostly tedium and discourages moving around the galaxy.

Basically easy and low-click item transfer is required before any sort of stack limits or other inventory limits are implemented. Preferably also easier sorting (categories for pulling options I guess) and ability to search all storage or to view larger arrays of storage at once, dunno exactly how to do that though.

Maybe use an inventory manager that is linked to storage and handles individual item placement in the style of ME network in Minecraft mods and only displays total inventory and allows you to take stuff out without player directly interacting with the storage units.