Limit for buildmode

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey everyone!

So I've been playing StarMade a lot with my friends, and we've been discussing going on a server and making a faction. As you know, if you enter your core and go into build mode, you can fly around very fast and through walls. Currently there is no limit to how far you can fly, meaning you could use it to fly through enemy ships and scout out their ships, which could be a problem.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    your whrite about it, but i kinda like the idear of you being able to do that, in a scanner kind of fashion, you know have a recon of the enemy ships your about to face. i do anderstand it sort of a unfair thing that you can do since they cant see you and you can see them, but since anyone can do it its not necessarily a bad thing.

maby limeting the flying through walls other than your own ones could fine, and perhaps a limet of ~50-150 starting from the outhermost block, and maybe this can then be expanded whit scaner-blocks in the same way weapons or power blocks work.

i totaly agree whit it being \'OP\' to be used, but then again it can be used by anyone.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    When you\'re in build mode your ship doesn\'t change. It gets affected by physics normally. And you can still get blown up. Not sure what\'s going on for you but it sounds like your game is bugged or something.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It can be, and I think no-one should be able to use it, as someone could bluff and say \"Don\'t come near us! We have amazing cannons!\" and the other could go into buildmode, check his ship, and say \"Nope\" and open fire knowing that his enemy has, in actuality, awful weaponry.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m not sure what you\'ve got what I mean. I mean you can basically go into buildmode and fly around the world and look inside other people\'s ships. Yes you still get damaged and affected by physics.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Does the movement actually load sectors if you \'fly\' (via build mode) into them?

Also, would this really be such a horrible thing that would prevent you from playing on a public server?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Even if you went through the trouble of going into build mode and scout the sizes and inability to look inside solid structures means its pretty useless as a messurment of your opponents power.

Like you can go in and see a bunch of cannon blocks but what does that tell you exactly?

How much energy do those generators make?

How much shield does he have?

Its just not worth the trouble.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I haven\'t tried passing sectors yet.

Perhaps it\'s not that horrible, but it\'s a suggestion. The devs don\'t have to implement it. And I certainly don\'t want this to severely restrict your building etc.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It\'s a way to see past a bluff. If they say that they have loads of cannons, and then you see that they have four cannon block in actuality, then obviously they won\'t be much of a fight. You can roughly tell the amount of power by looking at the number of blocks etc.

Again, this isn\'t too important, just pointing it out.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    So... The abuse from this is assuming that someone is stupid enough to stand still, wait for 2 minutes for you to scout their ship, then continue standing still while you turned to face them, and opened fire. It\'s not like it\'s a quick thing, getting to their ship, you only move at ~3 in buildmode, holding down shift.

Now, when it comes to bases, that\'s a different thing. If you could just fly inside the enemy base, scout the whole thing, and see where their important systems are, this could be a problem. I agree, there should be a maximum move range, perhaps 20 blocks from the outmost object.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Its so easy to make a ship that has more blocks then can effectively be scouted. If you want to go through the trouble to lie to people just fill it up with filler blocks.