Lights wedges, corners...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I saw it in some server. I really loved it. It's really usefull if lights have different shapes.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Same with Ice Crystal. Currently they only come in whole block and wedge form. Would make ship-making much easier.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Not worth the wasted IDs :p

If there is a way to have them in 2 IDs and not cluttering up the inventory + make buying ships with blocks even more difficult, I could agree.

Currently you can just make a metal grill or mesh wedge in front of it. They are too bright anyway - Interior blocks more like in Space Engineers would be much more eye-friendly.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Not necessarily all types, having just wedges would be fine too. But more obviously is better, so corners would also be nice to have.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Not necessarily all types, having just wedges would be fine too. But more obviously is better, so corners would also be nice to have.
    Just as long as it does not clutter your inventory :p

maybe with there was a option to place solid blocks down as wedges in advance build mode. so you go select shape and you can select different types of that object
    I were and am always a fan of having volume and surface separated requirements.
    • For full block you spend : 1000 "dm^3" hull, 600 "dm^2" texture/colour plating.
    • For a tetra you spend : 167 "dm^3" hull, 220 "dm^2" texture/colour plating.
    1. 1 m = 10 dm
    2. 1 m^2 = 100 dm^2
    3. 1 m^3 = 1000 dm^3
    Then you would consume (from your inventory) hull block ID (for volume) and hull wedge ID (for texture/colour plating) and the placed block would be 1 of 5 IDs.
    2 inventory slots = 5 shapes

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    maybe with there was a option to place solid blocks down as wedges in advance build mode. so you go select shape and you can select different types of that object

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Welp, there goes the rest of the available Block IDs. (4 new block shapes * 8 colors * 24 Block IDs for all possible orientations = 768, far more than the ~480 unused Block IDs available in the existing Block set.)

Go ahead and ask Schema to alter the way shapes/colors/etc. are designated, or ask him to change the block bits. Let me know how that goes.

Edit: +3 shapes * 24 orientations for ice crystals = 72 more block IDs

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Why do we need full blocks? I mean, just drop full blocks as default and use pentas as default. In most cases not noticeable (if you make 2-layer walls and floors which almost everybody with light in the ceiling needs.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Welp, there goes the rest of the available Block IDs. (4 new block shapes * 8 colors * 24 Block IDs for all possible orientations = 768, far more than the ~480 unused Block IDs available in the existing Block set.)

Go ahead and ask Schema to alter the way shapes/colors/etc. are designated, or ask him to change the block bits. Let me know how that goes.

Edit: +3 shapes * 24 orientations for ice crystals = 72 more block IDs
    Orientation isn't stored in block IDs

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Not worth the wasted IDs :p

If there is a way to have them in 2 IDs and not cluttering up the inventory + make buying ships with blocks even more difficult, I could agree.

Currently you can just make a metal grill or mesh wedge in front of it. They are too bright anyway - Interior blocks more like in Space Engineers would be much more eye-friendly.
    Can't agree. Wedges lights are usefull in many artisticall purposes. I must say that when I first played StarMade I started on server where there was lights wedges. And I miss them so much now.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Like I said before, we actually do need wedges. It would be a big improvement for interiors. Corners, tetras and pentas aren't necessary. They just are a bonus, and really only need to be for glass and hull.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Itmauve's idea is a great solution to this issue of limited IDs. We still have limited IDs, but we free up a lot.