Bug Lights not making light!

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I made a base on a planet and it was dark inside (duh) so I placed some lights (duh2), the lights don't seem to be creating any light, I tried turning them on/off, (and I am NOT using black lights. :P ) I dunno if the problem is only on planets but anyways. I'm using the latest dev version (as of Halloween morning)

Hope this can be fixed soon :D
    /-kiddan-\

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Lighting seriously needs to be reworked. Nothing new there. You'll just have to go with it for now.

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    Can you post a screenshot? Lights seem to work fine for me. They don't give cross entity light but other than that it's pretty good.

Make sure you don't have simple light turned on, increasing raytracing will increase their range/brightness too.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    It has something to do with the fact that lights don't share the same "space" The shadows cast by the sun will darken an area, even the parts that are lit by other lights. I already managed to bring it to schema's attention. He at least knows its there.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    turn off the 2 options
    - shadows
    -simple dynamic light

tell me if it worked

Lancake

Head of Testing
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Tester
    It has something to do with the fact that lights don't share the same "space" The shadows cast by the sun will darken an area, even the parts that are lit by other lights. I already managed to bring it to schema's attention. He at least knows its there.
    Oh right, shadows...Yeah I don't have those turned on since their draw distance is ridiculously small. Without them enabled lighting works well enough @kiddan.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well, the lit area still is too small.

Also, removing one block somehow also breaks lighting (the 1x1x1 hole is pitch black for some reason). To get more light, you need to dig around the hole you created. Which doesn't really promote astronaut exploration btw.

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Can you post a screenshot? Lights seem to work fine for me. They don't give cross entity light but other than that it's pretty good.

Make sure you don't have simple light turned on, increasing raytracing will increase their range/brightness too.
    Ah! That's my problem right there I believe, thanks! :D
    EDIT: I tried with simple lighting off, it works now.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Well, the lit area still is too small.

Also, removing one block somehow also breaks lighting (the 1x1x1 hole is pitch black for some reason). To get more light, you need to dig around the hole you created. Which doesn't really promote astronaut exploration btw.
    Agreed. Just digging a small tunnel is an... interesting experience with the lights.