Light Switch

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    The idea is simple. Add a line to the structure tab indicating the colors of lights on a ship, and an option to turn them off.
    Red alert? Red alert!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I think it's managable thing to do with the new logic system.
    You have your "alarm" button somewhere in your ship like in the cockpit. You connect it to each light with a AND door between. link another button to this AND door to make a ON/OFF button for the light (at the condition your alarm button is "ON") but if you press your alarm button to set it OFF every light connected to the AND door will be set off. Connect some red lights to your alarm button with a NOT between and the red lights will light to indicate the alert.
    If you can find a way to clock them (1sec ON - 1sec OFF) we could make them flash.

Sorry for my bad english

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I think it's managable thing to do with the new logic system.
    You have your "alarm" button somewhere in your ship like in the cockpit. You connect it to each light with a AND door between. link another button to this AND door to make a ON/OFF button for the light (at the condition your alarm button is "ON") but if you press your alarm button to set it OFF every light connected to the AND door will be set off. Connect some red lights to your alarm button with a NOT between and the red lights will light to indicate the alert.
    If you can find a way to clock them (1sec ON - 1sec OFF) we could make them flash.

Sorry for my bad english
    A clocked light is easy... just run a clock output through an AND gate along with an activator block for the switch.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    There is a clock output in the logic blocks? Awesome I'll go check it
    It's an activator linked to a delay linked back to an activator, basically. It can be expanded to include an arbitrary amount of delay blocks, though.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I just think it would be easier to include it with the structure panel