Lifts in Space ships not just stations

Reaction score
    How about adding lifts to youre ships, will make going up a lot easier if youre in gravity of youre ship and if the next platform is to high to jump to!!!! Starwars has lifts why cant we have them 2 ?

Reactions: SkylordLuke
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Councillor Gold
    Actually, Schema was going to update the game to add lifts. Right now. But you made this post and he had to rethink his decision.

It's your fault that we don't get lifts.

Reaction score
    HaHa Shame, well its not everyday you suggest something thats about to be added. HaHa, o well sorry people I did not know that schema was about to update but what i dont understand is why remove it from the update, guess I should not suggest anything, I think maybe schema does not want people to feel to highly of them selfes if what the suggested gets added to the game a day later, if thats the case them I dont blame him for doing that.

Reaction score
    There are a few reasons why, mostly dealing with how the physics work during flight (wonky)

They aren't confirmed on ships yet, at least not from what I've heard.

They really need to happen though, this is why your post was rated old because it's such a requested feature. We haven't been getting anywhere with it though. They can only do so much so I guess the other features come first.

Reaction score
    Lifts work strangely in this game (a lot of things work strangely in this game) currently lifts are really wonky on planets and stations and they are stationary objects, lifts on ships will require a tactical nuke aimed at the bug nest.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The bug nest needs to go anyway to pave the way for stuff like this.

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    You can always do a grav lift, basically just place a gravity block upside down and when you activate it you'll fly up. There are also ways to make more complex systems using logic (I'm hoping to get a pretty sweet logic grav lift going soon) but I do understand your desire for a simpler system, like it is on stations.

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Grav lifts are functional, but can be annoying to operate, especially if you weren't the one that designed the particular one you're trying to use.

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    Yeah, understandably so. And it's not a fix-all, just temporary. I imagine we'll see great improvements to the lift system in the future.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Grav lifts are the way to go. I just wish making a totally automatic one didnt require a rocket scientist.

Only if the Step on Logic didnt suck XD