Votes: 11 68.8%

• Total voters

kiddan

Cobalt-Blooded Bullet Mirror
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    So, I noticed that when you start SM the only gamemode you can choose is Sandbox. It got me thinking "What other gamemodes might they add?"

The ideas:

1. Star Lords: Infinite money, blocks on ship don't break, instead you ship has health that shields recharge.
    2. Hardstar: (A bit of a Minecraft's Hardcore pun) Players not only need to buy and salvage things like in Sandbox mode, they also must eat food and have a good oxygen supply, an air tank module will supply air for you to breath inside ships & stations as long as the ship/station is sealed (and all doors closed.) You can refill mini oxygen tanks by holding one in-hand on a terrestrial planet. These can be stored in air tank modules.
    3. Creator: This will remove health, make pirates not spawn, infinite money, and shops never run out of stock. You are able to fly at any speed you choose by using [shift] you may also fly right through blocks.

Thanks for taking you time to read! And please fill in the poll if you think any of these ideas sound good. =)

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Also, Hardstar should require fuel for the power cores. If you gotta eat, so should your ships and stations.

kiddan

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I think that fuel is definitely needed. Maybe a new ore for it that needs to be refined?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I think that fuel is definitely needed. Maybe a new ore for it that needs to be refined?
    Also, Hardstar should require fuel for the power cores. If you gotta eat, so should your ships and stations.
    NO! For the love of god no. You run out of fuel looking for fuel, and then what are you going to do?

jayman38

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    They won't call it Hardstar for nuthin. Gotta have a quick way to start over. Maybe a "Respawn" button on the main menu that starts your character over from scratch. That might be useful for the regular game too.

kiddan

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Well it's kinda obvious. But for Vyor's sake: You would be able to buy fuel from shops. Also ships would drop fuel containers as loot, making pirates, trading guild, or other factions an easy way to get fuel.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    They won't call it Hardstar for nuthin. Gotta have a quick way to start over. Maybe a "Respawn" button on the main menu that starts your character over from scratch. That might be useful for the regular game too.
    There is the suicide button O^O

jayman38

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I forgot about that! It's already there. Thanks, Megacrafter!

kiddan

Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    I think overall my idea of the Creator mode would be the most helpful. I would be able to make a really neat server with huge structures, without having to use /give or /giveid all the time.

Reactions: NeonSturm and Vyor
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Well it's kinda obvious. But for Vyor's sake: You would be able to buy fuel from shops. Also ships would drop fuel containers as loot, making pirates, trading guild, or other factions an easy way to get fuel.
    If you run out of fuel on the way to a shop? What then?

jayman38

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    If you run out of fuel on the way to a shop? What then?
    Fly around in astronaut mode, I guess.
    Until you run out of air or food. Then you have to start over. It's HardStar. You can still play regular Sandbox mode if you can't take the punishing difficulty of HardStar. I don't think anyone is suggesting removing classic Sandbox mode.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Purchased!
    Until you run out of air or food. Then you have to start over. It's HardStar. You can still play regular Sandbox mode if you can't take the punishing difficulty of HardStar. I don't think anyone is suggesting removing classic Sandbox mode.
    I am suggesting that you make it more fair, not that it is unworkable. Minecraft hardcore mode just gives you 1 life and locks the game too hard.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    I'd certainly be interested in hardstar mode. The point of it is that you have to manage your resources efficiently to survive.

Reaction score
    So i was reading this topic and noticed a few space mods from other games i play have ram scoops like a space dust collecter. Space Dust can be a good way to get fuel or oxygen easier if you think about it long enough you an figure a good way for chemicals and composites to be turned into fuel or other things. Thumbs up if you like my comment. :D