Let's go to the Races!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I thought this would be a fun idea for a mini game on a server in sandbox mode that players can join in on. Though it would take a little bit of prep by the admin and their helpers.

First, make sure pirates are off so as not to impede all of the glorius chaos that shall ensue. >:D

Second, find at least two planets you wish to convert (depending on the length of race you're going for) then plop down your build blocks near the center of each then flatten and fill out the holes until you are left with a nice flat gigantic platform. Then add 6-10 (or your personal preference) of the docking blocks, spaced out equally from one another for players to "land" on so you can determine who's 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. Also mark the area around the docking blocks with colour coded hulls so you can assign one hull colour to each ship to know which colour is theirs to dock with at both the starting and finishing line.

Now, the rules!

Building A Racer

Players are given 5-10 minutes to build a ship of their own design. (there is an admin command to set a timer for this purpose)

Players can create their ship in any configuration around their main core but are only given a max of 1 cockpit, 50 power coils, 50 thrusters and 50 hulls to use for the duration of the build.

For a more fuel-injected, adrenaline-pumping game, Players can be given the same amount of items for their build, but in addition are also given 10 sheilds, 1 weapons computer and 6 cannons as well as an extra 2 minutes (bringing the total build time to 7 for an average game) for the Battle Race.

On Your Mark, Get Set, BLAST OFF!!!

Once the building portion is over, the Players make their way to the starting planet and dock on their respective colours. The admin will begin a countdown timer from 10 and upon reaching 0 (or vice-versa, I'm not sure which way the timer counts), the Players will then take off and duke it out to see who docks with their finish line First, Second and Third. (The admin must be at the finish line to note their arrival!)

The rules are still the same for Battle Races, except, there is no Second or Third place. It's a battle royale to see who toughs it out to reach the finish line first!

Hope this idea really "takes off" (no pun intended :P).

Happy flying everyone! See you at the finish line!

Reaction score
    Currently I am working on a ground battle arena but I was thinking of eventually also building a large tube in which you could race...that might be a good idea for smaller ships