Legacy Account not auto upgrade?

Reaction score
    So I've been a starmade player since 2013 and I remember back when they said they would be making the game P2P but that all legacy/Vet players get a free upgrade. I already checked the forums and even off site but no where can I find help with my problem. Again I've played since 2013 so this means I should have a upgraded account. When I read the news post that was posted informing players of the transition into P2P it said Legacy gets a free upgrade so I was wonder where mine is. Or did they just screw us legacy players over and make us pay for the game like everyone else even though we have days to weeks and even about a year or so more time logged.

Note: I have not played starmade in the past one or two years since I didn't have a computer that could handle it and the only one I had that could the game installed on a part of the computer that it shouldn't have even have access to (System 32 for anyone who knows about the OS of Windows.)

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    So I've been a starmade player since 2013 and I remember back when they said they would be making the game P2P but that all legacy/Vet players get a free upgrade. I already checked the forums and even off site but no where can I find help with my problem. Again I've played since 2013 so this means I should have a upgraded account. When I read the news post that was posted informing players of the transition into P2P it said Legacy gets a free upgrade so I was wonder where mine is. Or did they just screw us legacy players over and make us pay for the game like everyone else even though we have days to weeks and even about a year or so more time logged.

Note: I have not played starmade in the past one or two years since I didn't have a computer that could handle it and the only one I had that could the game installed on a part of the computer that it shouldn't have even have access to (System 32 for anyone who knows about the OS of Windows.)
    The game has always been "P2P" it's always costed money to purchase it, ever since we made the first builds available in 2012. We've advertised this from the very beginning.

We happen to offer the game free to play while in alpha. Since we have been in alpha since 2012 and since we are still in alpha, anyone is free to play the game. You can download the full game here: StarMade

You can also play the full game on Steam for free as well:
    If you want to continue playing the game in beta and release, you will need to purchase it.

TRY OUT THE FULL GAME FOR FREE IN ALPHA!
    We are currently offering the full version of the game for free on our demo. This will be throughout Alpha as we believe a user wanting to purchase an open alpha game, should get to try out and test the current full state of the game first. We also need as many testers as possible, your reports, feedback and input is invaluable!

So... why should you purchase the game if it's currently free?

• Support the developers!
    • Purchased users will still have access to the latest updates when the demo stops being supported/updated in beta.
    • Get it cheaper! As more features are added, the price will progressively increase. This will benefit those who supported the game earlier.
    • We're adding upgraded only features to our Registry system, this will not directly affect any game features, however, it will give more access online. For example, blueprint hosting and multiple skin uploads for selection.

What are you waiting for? Click that demo button, and try out the full game for free!

DrTarDIS

Eldrich Timelord
    Reaction score
    Somebody Skims instead of reading, or edits memories to be more self-favorable.

You're talking about way back when, and how they have sold "full version" licenses for $5, then $10, then $15. They've always said "once you pay, that it. The price will go UP in the future as the game gets more complete. Buy now to save later(and keep starmade funded)"