Leftovers from the previous crafting system

Reaction score
    Hello, I havent played in a while, and tried to learn the current crafting system.

It seems there are many things leftover from the prvious system which are incredibly confusing. Most importantly, its the Motherboards/Circuits.
    There are like 50 recipes for those things, using different materials and shapes, and so far i have found abslutely no use for them. They certainly arent used in recipes anymore, as those now only consume capsules and meshes, so what is their purpose?

In addition, why are all those different useless craftable blocks located in absolutely different locations when checking the shop?

Ore blocks aka ingots? General -> decoration
    Crystal blocks aka crystals? Terrain -> Crystal
    Mineral blocks? Terrain -> Mineral
    Motherboards, Circuits and charged Circuits? Manufacturing

Why does every color-resource also have a lava, poison and water version?

And finally, there is this "buy recipe" button at the shop below every buyable block. The only thing it does is crash my game.

What is the purpose of all those things? Nobody needs 8 billion kinds of decorative blocks! And even though compressing resources into cool decorative blocks is cool, it would be nice to be able to decompress them back into capsules.

I really thought that removing non-functional stuff is a relatively easy task from programming standpoint. The game is complex as it is, please save the newbs from all that confusion and remove those leftover things.

Top 4ce

Force or Ace?
    Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    The crafting system doesn't use recipes anymore, and there's still a lot of blocks and things still in from the old system that are no longer used. It's complete redone. It's also very simple. All you need is crystals and ores and to know how to refine them. There are some "rocks" needed for paint to make different colors and that's it. Have fun!

Start there.
    http://starmadedock.net/threads/starmade-learning-the-basics-short-youtube-series.4143/#post-63839

And in-depth look into how to craft:

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    That's an outstandingly valid points there. The most significant are Recipes that crash the game, and also premade Recipes with fixed setup, that can you buy, but can't use. Shop menu can really use that second bookmark for something functional, like separating items from blocks. Cubit crafting system has failed and made nothing but pointless complications. Nobody uses it, and most not really aware of it in the first place. Cubit factors are still there for no reason though. Position of different raw materials is indeed an overlook, but it can wait.

Nevertheless, manufacturing blocks are valid resource. I find colored circuits as a good decorative value, especially if you see no alternative use for some capsules, and they can be used on a specific servers with custom crafting trees for more advanced items.

I feel really bad for that they were undermined to become nothing but a decoration. Of course there's now tons of capsules required for most valuable blocks in the game, but I feel a loss of depth when something like a Warp Gate computer requires nothing but a wagon of resources, rather than more complex factory hierarchy. Default crafting trees need a third look in my opinion.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    Hello, I havent played in a while, and tried to learn the current crafting system.
    That video posted above is quite good.

It seems there are many things leftover from the previous system which are incredibly confusing. Most importantly, its the Motherboards/Circuits.
    There are like 50 recipes for those things, using different materials and shapes, and so far i have found abslutely no use for them. They certainly arent used in recipes anymore, as those now only consume capsules and meshes, so what is their purpose?
    These are now decorative and will be placed in correct sub categories in the shop.

In addition, why are all those different useless craftable blocks located in absolutely different locations when checking the shop?

Ore blocks aka ingots? General -> decoration
    Crystal blocks aka crystals? Terrain -> Crystal
    Mineral blocks? Terrain -> Mineral
    Motherboards, Circuits and charged Circuits? Manufacturing
    Again, directory structure is a little odd after the crafting changes. Looking into it now.

Why does every color-resource also have a lava, poison and water version?
    Upcoming changes to terrain generation. These shouldn't be in the shop (pointless currently), i'll turn them off.

And finally, there is this "buy recipe" button at the shop below every buyable block. The only thing it does is crash my game.
    Yea, it's redundant. Schema is aware, just bugged him about it, it'll get fixed.

What is the purpose of all those things? Nobody needs 8 billion kinds of decorative blocks! And even though compressing resources into cool decorative blocks is cool, it would be nice to be able to decompress them back into capsules.
    The master builders on this forum might disagree with your first point here... :)
    If a stack cap is implemented in the inventory, having capsules compress to ingots / crystals and back again would be great.

I really thought that removing non-functional stuff is a relatively easy task from programming standpoint. The game is complex as it is, please save the newbs from all that confusion and remove those leftover things.
    Yup. Can't see the wood for the trees sometimes. Small team, big projects etc. Thanks for bringing these points up.

@DivineEvil

Cubatoms are no longer used, the icons will also be removed from the shop.

Hope this helps clear some things up, i'll try fix up what i can and bug those who can do the rest.

Reactions: jayman38